3rd brake light needed!

KENNE-BILL

If anyone has a 3rd brake light available, TurboJohn is in need of one (really is looking for the inside parts so any color is okay). Please give him a call on his cell at 386-0333 tonight or tomorrow if possible as he is away from his computer. Thanks.:D

got one (actually have more than one...)

since John needs to arrange pickup of the seat track for Andy anyway...

Rob, do you know if other G-body 3rd brake lights are the same? Cutlass, Monte Carlo, GP. I just need the inside part that holds the bulb. Mine just crumbled from heat and I cannot pass my safety check.

Rob, I got your message, I think Andy will still be interested in the seat track. I was able to glue the cracked pieces of the bulb socket together and put it back. I did pass the safety check but I'll still need to change it later on.

Thanks KENNE-BILL for posting for me.;)

This brake light info will apply to us all.

As far as the center brake light, the internals from most of the GM cars from this era will fit... if you need them. Time to start junkyard shopping.

The brake light out of the GN was wasted as well. that one the whole socket was melted from someone using too large a bulb with too high a wattage in the socket... Not to mention GM using cheap plastic for the housinge to begin with...

you have my number, let me know and I will get the seat track out of the car tonight...

In addition to what Rob said...IIRC the later stuff was made in a different flavor. Meaning '87-'88 (Montes) have the latest and greatest design. I*think*they just added a better heat deflector in there. I remember seeing some pictures floating around. I'll post if I find something.

Since heat is the biggest enemy, it might be a wise investment to get one of those APC led style bulbs that would just fit in place of a 1056 bulb (or whatever goes in there). Produces less heat and prolly last the life of the car. -stew