39 mile gauge cluster on racing junk

No doubt...maybe since Pontiac is gone the prices went up 10x:rolleyes:...guess I should have bought the TTA on ebay 3-4 years ago with 200k. I could have almost turned it over back to 000000 by now:rolleyes:

I just wonder what happened to the car. Only 39 miles on it and it doesn't have the gauge cluster anymore? Doubt it was wrecked with that mileage.:eek:

Since this is on the TTA side I can tell you the truth...I tried trading my GN plus a little $ twice for a TTA with around 30k 5yrs ago. I wish I had bought the 200k car because it sold for less then 5k then I could have had both it & my GN. I was single then with no kids so I have no excuse:mad: Hopefully one day I will get a TTA, even a salvaged title one with a worn out drivers seat & cracked spoiler would look great at my house. My GN & I are starting to like each other again so I'm not looking to divorce it anymore. A white 89 mistress would be nice though:D

I'm not sure what the cluster is worth but I figured I'd post it.

I just wonder what happened to the car. Only 39 miles on it and it doesn't have the gauge cluster anymore? Doubt it was wrecked with that mileage.:eek:

not wreck.. STOLEN !! Lots disappeared when new after guy's couldn't sell them for the big $$$$$ :eek: these cars ended up in the isn co salvage pools. Let me say MORE new TTAs were stolen an recovered stripped than new GNs from what I remember from back in the "day" :eek:

Like Dan said try and find one that's why he wants that amount for it. If your going to make a clone from a GTA that is really the only piece you'll need inside the car to make it complete. I'd love to take a hard top cloth white GTA and make a TTA clone out of it and turn it into a race car. It's the perfect body for that drivetrain.

Like Dan said try and find one that's why he wants that amount for it.

The problem is there is no way to verify if it's legit. Any of the TTA or TR's clusters from that era can be manipulated to read any mileage if you know what your doing.

Would you pay $1000 for a GN cluster with that mileage? Not a chance! So what makes a TTA cluster any different? They are both mechanical.

The problem is there is no way to verify if it's legit. Any of the TTA or TR's clusters from that era can be manipulated to read any mileage if you know what your doing.

Would you pay $1000 for a GN cluster with that mileage? Not a chance! So what makes a TTA cluster any different? They are both mechanical.

Boost Gauge :smile: it's not cause of the mileage. Also I belive the tach is different than the V-8

Boost Gauge :smile: it's not cause of the mileage. Also I belive the tach is different than the V-8

Correct. That's what makes it worth the money. I have about 10 GTA clusters laying around here. They go for about 40 bucks on ebay almost any mileage. But all it takes is that specific tac and the price becomes "name it" ;)

I thought it had to due with the mileage too ... people put them in a REAL clean car and claim that its the true mileage.

Like someone said though, any gauge can be manipulated if you know what to do ---

That's my old cluster I sold it for $500 if I recall corectly, the guy said he was rebuilding a stripped TTA. (he bought a ton of TTA parts from me)
The story goes that cluster came from a car stolen off a lot when new.