315/45/16 MT DR on a 10" GBody GTA's

19TTA89

I know 8sec Pete!!!
This car has 3.73 gears in it currently(Not for long,3.23's on the way)So I wanted to run a bit of a taller tire.I ran across the 315 Mickeys and thought they would be perfect...27.2" Tall and damn near 12"wide.

This car is a GNX wannabe...With Flares front and rear.

I am running no spacers and can fit my hand between the tire and the frame on each side even on the frame section in front of each tire.(Where it would normally be the 1st spot to Rub).

Let me know what you guys think....I still have my Toyo Proxie TQ's that are just under 26" tall...But they dont hook worth a crap and they are too short for track use.

On to the pics...there is about 1" height difference between the Mickeys and the Toyo's pictures last...But about 1.5" in width.

PB140870.jpg

PB140871.jpg

PB140872.jpg

PB140874.jpg

PB140875.jpg

PB140877.jpg

PB140878.jpg

PB140882.jpg

Here is the car sitting on the Toyo's...

PB030871.jpg

That is Bad Azzz! So hows it hook up?

Thanks...Im going to assume that they will hook great...On a pair of borrowed 255/60/15 Mickeys it lifted the front Drivers side Tire a few inches and And went 1.55 60ft.These are the same height,But put quite a bit more rubber on the ground.

We will see...If it ever stops Frigggggen raining!!!

Thanks...Im going to assume that they will hook great...On a pair of borrowed 255/60/15 Mickeys it lifted the front Drivers side Tire a few inches and And went 1.55 60ft.These are the same height,But put quite a bit more rubber on the ground.

We will see...If it ever stops Frigggggen raining!!!

You bastard! Now you have me thinking:mad: I was all set on what I wanted and then you had to post this. I was already on the fence before about buying a set of the GNX style with correct offset but I decided on the 15's. Dam you!:cool:

What speeds are the front tires rated at? Those look quite highway worthy.

Are the rear flairs just put on over the stock fender opening or did you cut back the original opening? Wondering about the fit of those tires on the car IF it didn't have the flairs and had the original opening. I have 275-60 15 D/R's and would LOVE to get more meat on the ground but I understand that's impossible with a standard un-notched frame and wheel opening, UNLESS you pump the air bags up a lot and let the tires stick out from the side of the car.
Thanks

that looks great and will be curious to see how it hooks. I'm looking into a 295-55-16 MT (step down from yours) on a 10 in. GTA rim but trying to tuck it in under the the fender, no notch with rolled rear moldings and no GNX flares.

Love the rear off-set. I'm a sucker for the deep dish look.:cool:

Looks like they would hook up good. A little to off-balance hot rod for my taste.

I think it looks pretty good. I run 275 60 15 Nittos on 10's on the rear and 15x7's on the front (have no idea of tire size and too lazy to go look) HA. I like the staggered look and the big and skinny look as long as it doesn't get ridiculous. BUT what I HATE is anything bigger that 17, maybe 18's on this car. Even though it is an 87 and technically NOT a muscle car, it is 22 years old and SHOULD NOT be made to look like a pimp mobile or a DUB car. It just isn't right. I hate seeing these cars in the hands of the younger crowd who throw 22's on it - disgusting. It isn't a ricer. Hell, next they will put big ass wings and decals on them. But then again I grew up with muscle cars and try to maintain that look.

I DO wish there was more tire room without notching the frame or cutting the fenders. I have the lips rolled but still need bigger tires on the street. Gonna try MT's next and hoprfully they will bite better than the Nittos.

I think it looks pretty good. I run 275 60 15 Nittos on 10's on the rear and 15x7's on the front (have no idea of tire size and too lazy to go look) HA. I like the staggered look and the big and skinny look as long as it doesn't get ridiculous. BUT what I HATE is anything bigger that 17, maybe 18's on this car. Even though it is an 87 and technically NOT a muscle car, it is 22 years old and SHOULD NOT be made to look like a pimp mobile or a DUB car. It just isn't right. I hate seeing these cars in the hands of the younger crowd who throw 22's on it - disgusting. It isn't a ricer. Hell, next they will put big ass wings and decals on them. But then again I grew up with muscle cars and try to maintain that look.

I DO wish there was more tire room without notching the frame or cutting the fenders. I have the lips rolled but still need bigger tires on the street. Gonna try MT's next and hoprfully they will bite better than the Nittos.

A 1987 Buick Grand National is not a Muscle Car?:confused:

Notice I preceeded that comment with the word TECHNICALLY and TECHNICALLY (according to the car mags and such) the term 'muscle cars' applies to performance cars from a certain era - pre 74 or so.
There is NO DOUBT that the term needs to be changed from a 'time era' description to 'performance' description. How can a Z06 vette, Cobra, etc NOT be considered muscle cars?

Are the rear flairs just put on over the stock fender opening or did you cut back the original opening? Wondering about the fit of those tires on the car IF it didn't have the flairs and had the original opening. I have 275-60 15 D/R's and would LOVE to get more meat on the ground but I understand that's impossible with a standard un-notched frame and wheel opening, UNLESS you pump the air bags up a lot and let the tires stick out from the side of the car.
Thanks

x2

This car has 3.73 gears in it currently(Not for long,3.23's on the way)So I wanted to run a bit of a taller tire.I ran across the 315 Mickeys and thought they would be perfect...27.2" Tall and damn near 12"wide.

This car is a GNX wannabe...With Flares front and rear.

I am running no spacers and can fit my hand between the tire and the frame on each side even on the frame section in front of each tire.(Where it would normally be the 1st spot to Rub).

Let me know what you guys think....I still have my Toyo Proxie TQ's that are just under 26" tall...But they dont hook worth a crap and they are too short for track use.

I also have a pair of 16"x10" GNX-style wheels but currently have some M&H 275-55-16's on them and I'm wondering if the 345-45's would fit without notching the frame?

Claude.