3 inch down pipe/ exhaust question

ken nelson

I just finished installing the g-body 3 inch down pipe and test pipe.I took the car for a ride with open exhaust and the car has much better response well worth the $$$ spent. Now the question I still have the factory exhaust system and I know it has to go. Any ideas on a exhaust system that would be the best match up for the new pipes without beating up my wallet too bad I had to save up a lot of aluminum cans for the down pipe so if anyone has a used system that would be great.Thanks

The Pypes system is very resonable and from what has been posted, works well. Around $300 shipped from Summit or Jegs if I remember right.:)

wondered if you have any pictures of downpipe installed or if you can take sum. i bought one of the 3" s.s. gbody down pipes and cant get it to fit . i have replaced motor mounts and still cant get the 2 pipe to slide together completly. any pics or advice would be great help. thanks brandon i also bought pypes exhaust seems to be good kit but just missing a hanger on each tail pipe above axle.

Make sure that you don't have the top half bolted to the turbo, put pipes together then try to match up bolt holes from flange to turbo.I also removed the shield from the AC box and ground down some of the plastic where the pipe was hitting the AC box. after I got it all together took car for a ride and the down pipe settled in its kind of close to AC box but at least its not melting any plastic.Also make sure you have the pipes clamped tight mine came apart after screwing with the test pipe and had to unbolt the top pipe from turbo and start over. good luck