3" Hot air down pipes with integrated waste gate

I didn't have a problem with the A/C line, just the heat shield. The bushings show wear and could stand to be replaced. So far I have been very pleased with the pipe. I understand custom work requires custom fabrication. I love the side by side shot of the old down pipe next to the 3" straight piece. Thanks again Brian. Hot air owners without one, get one while they last.

i now see the heat shield you are talking about. dont worry about it. i ran that same DP on my car for several years or so with it resting right against it. never had a problem. no clearance needed

Shoulders Shrugged

Truthfully, I don't know...

I am the second the owner of the car and that's how it came. Unfortunately the headers and crosspipe are stock.

Sorry I couldn't help.

-Michael

i now see the heat shield you are talking about. dont worry about it. i ran that same DP on my car for several years or so with it resting right against it. never had a problem. no clearance needed

Do you recall if that created false KR issues?

This pipe isn't like an 87 where you can move it an 1/8" & change the clearance a whole lot. Before you get crazy beating the heat shield make sure everything is correct as far as motor mounts & body bushings. I know you have to bend the A/C line about an 1/8" to 1/4" if I remember correctly. I helped build this unit back in the early parts of 2000, I think. Been a while.

It is a 2 piece & it is stainless. Like our 86-7 pipes it uses an RJC flange & puck. The flange may be an 1/8" thicker then the older units.

On a side note I do have 4 more here. Just arrived today. With shipping I will be raising the prices up slightly. about $25.00. I wanted to get these out there & see how they sold. If we can get 10 more going at a time we may be able to do better on the pricing. It is just not worth doing a few here & there.

I had a pic taken today. I will post it up tomorrow. I do apologize for not being more active in this post we just have been really,really busy.
mrfixit49 post up a pic. May make it alittle easier to see what you are going thru.

What is it made out of? 304 Stainless? Aluminum? Ceramic coated Steel? Looks DAMN good.... :cool:
So now the prices will be 575 for just the pipe, 600 for the pipe and test pipe, 625 for the pipe and cutout?

I need my coffee... I did not read Brian's post clearly... It is stainless......

Thats is a nice pipe.

Here are some pics.
Same Stainless steel RJC Flanges & puck assemblies as our 86-7's. Same quality Mandrel bends as well.

Attachments

• EricsPix1367.jpg
    EricsPix1367.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 406
  • EricsPix1368.jpg
    EricsPix1368.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 400
  • EricsPix1369.jpg
    EricsPix1369.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 415
No Justice...

These photos don't do this pipe justice. I have to take mine back off the car anyway so I'll take so more pictures as Brian and these guys did a really good job with this downpipe. (Not with my iphone this time.)

These photos don't do this pipe justice. I have to take mine back off the car anyway so I'll take so more pictures as Brian and these guys did a really good job with this downpipe. (Not with my iphone this time.)

Yes that was an indoor pic on a Friday evening Trying to get out of here. :eek:

Thanks, Brian! Nice pipes, putting mine on the 85 now.
Really looks good next to the polished plenum and valve
covers! Putting the Postons headers on it too.
This car will be at the Nats on display on the 15th.

Pics..

This is the strap I used to connect the upper to the lower piece. Its stainless and has perfect clearance for the tight fit, though the hardware is a little bulky. I can also remove it pretty easily. (Pepboys)

Attachments

• photo12.jpg
    photo12.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_0941 (2).jpg
    IMG_0941 (2).jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_0943 (2).jpg
    IMG_0943 (2).jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_0944 (2).jpg
    IMG_0944 (2).jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 357
Hey, where did you find the cut-outs and how much powre are you making with that turbo setup?

Thanks,
MGTech30

Hey if you don't already have your pipes wraped do so. You will easily gain 20-30HP form the heat reduction (underhood).

Good workmanship on the GBodyParts downpipes. Got one of these coming, no way am I gonna try and pump the 4.1 through a stocker!

I think I'm going to keep this pipe for another year. Things have come up and I can use the funds elsewhere. Been to busy to even get on here?? That is a problem! Disregard this post-wrong section.
Marty