3 GNX's at Barrett-Jackson This Weekend

lighten up johnny if i was serious i wouldnt be posting on this board just trying to have fun with the previous post.

Why do you think the higher mile cars did better money?

Why shouldn't a "high mileage" GNX with better paint, better drivablitly and a cleaner undercarriage bring comparable money? These cars can be driven, enjoyed and help keep the GNX in front of the general, which helps keep the aura alive.

BJ is not to be taken seriously be any means by the average enthusiast....as far as Canadian shiit goes and being Canadian...it gets a Canadian price..i'm fortunate enough to live on the border and never buy Canadian priced auto parts or autos...either do my American friends living and working here
i can build a car here buying all parts across from USA and sell it and get all my $$ back;)..been there done that.....abit of my canuck rant....we sell gn's for 20k+:eek:...lol

Why shouldn't a "high mileage" GNX with better paint, better drivablitly and a cleaner undercarriage bring comparable money? These cars can be driven, enjoyed and help keep the GNX in front of the general, which helps keep the aura alive.

They are only original once, but they can be done and redone many times to the same or a higher standard. Unfortunately you can't re-orignalize something. That's why redone cars regardless of the quality of the restoration aren't worth as much as the well kept original with preserved factory defects and cracking/checking original paint. Patina goes a long way and is hard or nearly impossible to duplicate or reproduce.

If you had taken the 35K you spent on buying a GNX back in 1987 and bought gold (which was an average of $450 an ounce) you'd have approx 80 oz of gold. Todays value of that same gold would be over $120,000 (at 1500$/oz). You could even keep it in your garage, look at it once in a while...polish it...just like a GNX. :cool: Drive 'em!

I'd have to dis agree!...................
QUOTE.......
They are only original once, but they can be done and redone many times to the same or a higher standard. Unfortunately you can't re-orignalize something. That's why redone cars regardless of the quality of the restoration aren't worth as much as the well kept original with preserved factory defects and cracking/checking original paint. Patina goes a long way and is hard or nearly impossible to duplicate or reproduce.

my 57 chevy has all the creature comforts of a new car, and safety items too, plus upgraded technology in brakes , suspension, fuel inj, not to mention base coat clear coat paint! never had paint like that back then!
is more valuable than an orig 57
I feel a restored anything ( not just GNX/GN) depending on condition can bring more than an all orig, (again depending on cond)
a 34 ford in orig cond might bring $20 to 25K, a upgraded 34 with all the goodies can and does bring well above that!
not knocking all orig cars, just safety and comfort do bring up the value of classic cars.

There was a time in the muscle car hobby when all original untouched cars were valued more. I don't know if its still true. Remember the resto's with all the documentation,paint marks in the correct spaces-you know putting all the flaws back into it too. I don't follow the 60's muscle cars anymore so I just don't know.What I do think however is alot of those cars are just too damn old to not do anything with-fixing up wise-even just sitting there. some are coming up on 60yrs old!.

Also alot of that generation are older than that and newer car guys are not interested in a 14 second ancient jumbo bigblock that gets 11 miles to the gallon.

I'll contradict myself and say-that the GN I bought *seems* to have the original paint-and because I come from that muscle car roots type hobby,the original paint is kinda comforting to me,it means something in a way.

I'd have to dis agree!...................
QUOTE.......

my 57 chevy has all the creature comforts of a new car, and safety items too, plus upgraded technology in brakes , suspension, fuel inj, not to mention base coat clear coat paint! never had paint like that back then!
is more valuable than an orig 57
I feel a restored anything ( not just GNX/GN) depending on condition can bring more than an all orig, (again depending on cond)
a 34 ford in orig cond might bring $20 to 25K, a upgraded 34 with all the goodies can and does bring well above that!
not knocking all orig cars, just safety and comfort do bring up the value of classic cars.

GNs come comfortable from the factory with a/c, pwr windows, etc. unlike that pre-war stuff, and even better than the 60's cars too with SFI reliability and good gas mileage...no need to touch them if you want the $ out of them. I say you can't take it with you anyway so just drive the damn car already! It's what the general wants.