3" GN1 performance downpipe - can it be bent??

loosen up the header bolts and rotate the header a bit, a small amount will move the pipe a bunch

X2, what I had to do to get my DP to line up was to loosen up the header and turbo to header. Then I slid the DP into the test pipe and tightened up the DP to the turbo, then I tightened up the bolts from turbo to header and finally tightened down the header. Any time you can get a little movement from any of these connections it will be big out the back. You might want to replace the gaskets, that way you won't have to do it again,if she develope's an exhaust leak. I just changed out my gaskets to Reflex and I always start from the test pipe and work forward, that way all the pieces ( DP, turbo, headers and crossover pipe ) will find their own happy place :). Hope this helps, works for me. Kyle.

I did all of my exhaust backwards. Started at the back and went forward. Left everything loose of course. Wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be. I have a thdp with the same exhaust you have and it fits tight.

Thanks for all the input guys, I ended up taking it to a local machine shop and we put a 2 3/4in pipe inside to support it and heated it and got it to bend 3/4in like I needed.
Thanks for all the input

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    774.3 KB · Views: 83