3" dp&headers

jgines

CaTcH mE iF yOu CaN
Does anybody know where I can get a great set of headers and a 3" dp that will get the job done and last a long time but at the same time not not empty out my pockets. Im on a budget and ATR is a little too high for me plus they dont make a 3"dp
:( . Somebody help me. Thanks in advance

the cheapest set of quality headers that i know of is Postons... theyre $500 a set. add a extra $80 if you want their crossover pipe

the only company im aware of that makes 3" hotair DPs is Mease. i dont know how much they charge or the name of their website

ive been scouring the classifieds here for a little over a week now looking for the same items (and a intercooler kit) and have had no luck. seems as though used hotair items are a rarity

Yep poston headers are the cheapest. I did a post and search and found that the factory headers are good until 11S and maybe faster so if you just need to fix yours like welding cracks then just get them fixed. As far as the dp you can get the 3 inch mease from BWEAVY@AOL.COM which is gbodyparts.com he is the only guy who can get you the dp from mease its about 485 or so plus shipping but well worth it. He is getting one for me right now. and if you need the headers factory or poston he can get those too.:)

Originally posted by 85 ttypewh1
I did a post and search and found that the factory headers are good until 11S and maybe faster

That would be true if you had an '87.Unfortunately,the stock headers on hotairs suck ass,and you will see a big increase in power and spoolup from a good aftermarket set.

FWIW,a few years back Chris Wilson went 117mph with the ATR 2.5" DP,so it's got plenty of flow potential...

You mean the pass header sucks. and 86-87 are good for 10s and seeing as the drivers header is the same for the 84-87 the pass header should not loose more than a sec do you think:confused: Anyways i just stated what i was told in this forum when i did the search, it all boils down to what you want the car to do.

13.89 @ 98 mph...Warm friday night with just poston headers, kenne bell chip, adj fpr, walbro 340, and a ported exhaust elbow! Everything on the car was stock but the headers and those couple mods...oh yeah, high octane, I htink the boost was 16-17ish lbs... This is what my car ran before I found out all the damage the car already had. Since then, I kept the poston set, picked up an ATR stainless up-pipe, MEASE 3" DP, with the 3" ss Dump, and I am going DYNOMAX out the stock location, only 1 inch bigger!!! lol...3's all the way, and it wont set you back 3000!!

I got my mease pipe through aquaintences of Keith, for I think 450....I am sending the pipe out to be coated on the inside, as Keith already coats the outside on request...

if you can find a Lee Thompson pipe, very good also....

Good luck!!!!

John

Originally posted by 85 ttypewh1
You mean the pass header sucks. and 86-87 are good for 10s and seeing as the drivers header is the same for the 84-87 the pass header should not loose more than a sec do you think:confused: Anyways i just stated what i was told in this forum when i did the search, it all boils down to what you want the car to do.

Whatever...the fact is that that NOBODY has gone fast with stock headers.If you can find a replacement passenger side header that allows you to keep your "10 second" stock drivers side(and crappy double wall crossover)then by all means,knock yourself out:rolleyes: .

Til then,the few of us that are actually going fast will continue to do so with our unnecessary aftermarket headers.:cool:

WOW, I guess that is what i get for trying to give advice that i was given from vendors who i contacted about buying aftermarket headers from and told me to spend the money on other things that would be more benificial for a 11-12 sec combo. I am used to getting bashed by ic guys now hot air guys. I just cant win. I dont have any experience in the headers because i was told not to change them, and i was asking you a question when i stated that the pass header would lose more than a sec. It always amazes me how people treat other people when they dont meet face to face. Have a nice day and sorry if i caused any confusion:p