3" downpipe

coach said:
Smaller spring wouldn't do much if the hole is too small. He has high boost issue with his and I had extreme creep. From 23 to 29 or more from start to end of run. Once you open the hole to correct size...pipe works like a dream.

Interesting

Ok, so if I want to get a 3" downpipe with internal gate, the only two choices are Gbody and RJC? Is the optional larger puck necessary? Don't meant to hijack, just want to make sense of all this information since I'm also looking for a good 3" downpipe. Also, are any of you guys using fiberglass wrap on your downpipes to cut down on radiated heat?

I'd go with RJC. The bigger puck allows you to port the wastegate hole larger to help control boost with the new CEA turbos.

I was told Archie has other springs but you have to call and talk to him about it as they're not on his website. Haven't had any time between work an the holidays lately been busy an just haven't thought about it. And why the vacuum on top port works I have no idea? But if you take away the top port with the vacuum line I have from the egr then the boost goes crazy. Put the line on and it controls it and comes up an holds nice an easy. I understand that under boost it should not make vacuum but I think it makes just enough to help it open? I have a thread started on this so we don't have to hijack his thread.

hawkfan said:
Ok, so if I want to get a 3" downpipe with internal gate, the only two choices are Gbody and RJC? Is the optional larger puck necessary? Don't meant to hijack, just want to make sense of all this information since I'm also looking for a good 3" downpipe. Also, are any of you guys using fiberglass wrap on your downpipes to cut down on radiated heat?

Hey Brian,
The RJC pipes are real nice. The puck is huge and will allow you to port a larger turbo until you can steady the boost. Some are ok, and some need porting. I did wrap my pipe where it wanted to melt the inner fender.

what about ta performance ? dont they still make a 3"dp? how is the fit on their pipe?

I've got the TA 3" pipe and it fits like a glove, dropped right in with no issue. I had a harder time getting the old Poston two piece pipe out! The TA doesn't hit anything either, I have been extremely happy with that pipe.