3 BAR Vac & Boost data?

Sleeper

Has anybody used a 3 BAR map sensor with the boost sensing harness to record data on DirectScan via MAT input?
I am looking for some data to compare to ( Vac-deg, Boost-deg.)

Thanks
Paul

Hi Sleeper, your best bet would be to pick up something like a mity-vac or another hand powere vac/pressure pump and calibrate the setup on your car.

The process is pretty simple. Take the lines from your vacuum/boost gauge, the 3bar sensor, and the mity-vac and "T" them together. Turn your key to the on position, start Direct Scan and draw a vacuum on the lines. Write down what DS reports as MAT for each inch of vacuum.

Then do the same as you slowly pressurize the lines incrementally up to what ever max boost level you're interested in.

You can get as detailed as you want by selecting what scale to take measurements. i.e. you may be interested in 1/4 inches of vacuum or 1/4 psi of boost resolution or you may want 2psi steps. Either way it's your choice and you know that the MAT temp reported by Direct Scan is an exact match for the boost gauge actually installed in YOUR car as opposed to somebody elses readings on a car setup completely different from yours.

Charles Brooks

Thanks Brooks :)
But I don't have a Mity Vac or access to one, and just spent a bunch of $$$ on mods and don't have any spare $$$ to buy one. So I was just looking for comparative data to confirm some thoughts. I know the data will differ from car to car, but I'm just looking for some ball park figures.

Paul

Your still going to need to get a mitty pump and run it to whatever boost you plan to run as directscan will still report degrees not boost and once you get over about 15 psi the scale isn't linear so you'll have to plot out your boost to temp to later see what you were running during a pass.

18psi for me was about 22 degrees.

BoostKillsStres
Thanks. I am aware DS will nor record boost, but you gave me some of the info I was looking for. :) (18 psi for you is around 22 deg)
Mity-Vac is going to have to wait for a while.

Paul