3.8 turbo into a 86 cutlass?

SkullTeamLeader

What electrical problems would I encounter if I were to drop the turbo 3.8 engine into my 86 cutlass after I remove the carbed 3.8.

I have the tranny, engine, INTERCOOLER,ALL ELECTRONICS,WIRING,COMPUTER,AND EVERYTHING TO MAKE IT RUN.

Any other problems that I'm not forseeing? Like vacuum and stuff?

Thanks
Skull

One thing you will find is the downpipe from the turbo will hit the A/C box. The Turbo Regals had a special shaped A/C box for exhaust clearance. Other than that, it should all drop in just fine. Unless the rear gear is the same, you may run into shifting problems but even that can be overcome.

i working on the same project.im using a two piece bgc 3" downpipe.i suppose keith mease could custom tailor a downpipe for you.i know he is making them for the hot air cars and the tta s.HTH

Turbo Cutlass

The tank probally isnt baffled in the Cutlass.But the sending unit and pump should drop right in.You might have to lengthen or shorten the line with the pump on it...
I f you could get the GN dash and cluster,it would make things lots easier.The speedo and factory Gn stuff would work.
Also get the wiper motor and head light harness and everything will just plug in..
Its gonna be the Cutlass that Olds should of built...
George