3.8 engine

12b

hi. new to the sight as a member but I've been following turbobuick threads for years now. i joined to see if anyone could help me get rid of an engine. 1982 carbeurated non-intercooled turbo 3.8. needs a turbo rebuild but i was told it only had about 500miles on a rebuild thats a couple years old. oil was very clean and it ran perfect when i drove the car(other than the turbo spitting oil)it is complete from carb to pan, front and back... any leads on getting rid of this thing would be great. thanks

Go to your user controls and add a location as well as a sig that give some idea of what you've got. You can do it yourself if you want to go to Gpop shop for the parts and then go to the how to section in the general tech area to look up how to do it.:) If you don't feel competent enough to do it then I can provide a really good guy that can fix it for you but he may take a while.:)

The engine is in Louisville ky. Need to get it gone ASAP. Pics and description is on Craigslist Louisville under autoparts section. Thanks.

Ugh, is this another turbo regal with a SBC?

I never understand why someone would pull a good running turbo V6.

no no no big guy, my car is an 81 buick sport coupe. this came from an 82 car that someone else stripped. i just happened to get the engine before it got scrapped. I'm trying to save these cars...after all i have 2 81 regals.

OK, good. :)

I'm just by what I read in the ad: "reason for the sale is i am going with a bigger engine in the car."

Gotta make it tasteful. I'll get 10 phone calls from bottom feeders asking why I am selling it and I will give you $200 for it. If I tell them that I need to pay another machine shop bill which is true but not for that car no one calls with a low ball offer cause I will not come down to just a couple hundred bucks. Seems unorthadox, but it works. Although, I would take any reasonable offer just to get this damn thing gone...