3.0l head for porting

tta583

Some time ago, around 6 moths at least, someone had a stack of the 3.0l heads they were selling to those that wanted a set close to the stock TTA head to port. I recall there was a discussion about how similar they were as the casting number was different. What ever became of the discussion and does anyone recall the casting number?

To be honest, at the time, I made of a note of the casting number in my "bible of casting codes" that I carry when part hunting but I do not have it in front of me. I recall being under the impression the numbers were the same save for the last 3 digits. The common 3.0l head ending in like a 5xx or something. The reson I am asking this is that I have located several sets of the heads at a local core dealer. The last 3 digits were the same as my note but all of the prior digits were different. What it comes down to is that I am not sure what I am looking at!!

Brent

The discussion was on the mail list. I droped off back around late July, early August. I was going to be away from my mail box more and more as I was working on the car instaead of playing with the PC in an attempt to get ready for the TA nats in Ohio.

Brent

Im still here and have a few sets left. PM me

Uffe, I thought they were on their way by now
????

Originally posted by tta583
Some time ago, around 6 moths at least, someone had a stack of the 3.0l heads they were selling to those that wanted a set close to the stock TTA head to port. I recall there was a discussion about how similar they were as the casting number was different. What ever became of the discussion and does anyone recall the casting number?

To be honest, at the time, I made of a note of the casting number in my "bible of casting codes" that I carry when part hunting but I do not have it in front of me. I recall being under the impression the numbers were the same save for the last 3 digits. The common 3.0l head ending in like a 5xx or something. The reson I am asking this is that I have located several sets of the heads at a local core dealer. The last 3 digits were the same as my note but all of the prior digits were different. What it comes down to is that I am not sure what I am looking at!!

Brent

515's

Wat was the entire casting number? I found a couple sets that end in 515, is there only one number that ends in 515?

As my luck would go I would end up with the absolute wrong thing.

Brent

Originally posted by SHRPTTA
Uffe, I thought they were on their way by now
????

Hi Phil!

Yes, we THINK they left California in Dec. but my friend has 2 containers and they don´t know which one they are packed in.
1 container left in Dec and the second one late Jan.

I survive........

THANKS!!

Exactly what I was looking for!!!

Did anyone ever determine what, if any, differences there are compared to the TTA head? As long as they work as a replacement (same basic flow characteristics and combustion chanber size) I am happy but it would still be nice to know.

Brent