2nd gear problem.

G

Got Boost?

Hey guys, I know nothing about trannys much less our auto. The problem has been happening for a week. It is under light to mid throttle 2nd gear shifts weird but WOT is fine. Let me try to explain it, it's like it shifts twice, it goes to shift and feels like a shift but then a second later it shifts into gear.

The tranny does have 82k miles on it but has never seen a track and wasn't beat on. I am wondering if a fluid change would help or if it's a mechanical problem.

I know that it could probably be a couple of different things wrong, but could it be something wrong with the lock-up. I was working on a manual lock-up switch today

Any help will be appreciated

Did the problem start before or after you installed your TCC switch?

I presume that you have at least temporarily disconnected your switch to see if the problem goes away?

If you have eliminated you switch as a cause of the problem, you may have a 1-2 accumulator problem such as a broken spring. Not a big deal to check and repair; just need to drop the pan.

If you are totally in the dark concerning automatics, I'd suggest you seek out the expertise of someone local to assist you.

Originally posted by MeanBuicks
Did the problem start before or after you installed your TCC switch?

I presume that you have at least temporarily disconnected your switch to see if the problem goes away?

If you have eliminated you switch as a cause of the problem, you may have a 1-2 accumulator problem such as a broken spring. Not a big deal to check and repair; just need to drop the pan.

If you are totally in the dark concerning automatics, I'd suggest you seek out the expertise of someone local to assist you.

I , 100 % agree with Greg..All of what he said...

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

Yeah, I meant to put in that I was working on the lock-up switch today and the tranny problem started about a week ago. I also meant to say that it is happening at the 2-3 shift. I drove around today and it really does feel like that the tranny is slipping for a second.

Also it's not nearly as important as the tranny problem but, I never got the switch to work, It just drags down the rpm's and boost climbs. I have a simple on/off switch with one wire going to ground and one going to the top left pin on the aldl connector. What is wrong with that?

And finally, WE4 or anyone else have any experance with Phoenix Transmissions in Dallas?

Hey Bruce, is my problem the famous 2-3 flare that I've been reading about in old posts?
I guess the longer I drive it the better posabilities of if breaking parts instead of clutches.