#293 Looks rough..

Roc87

11 Second V6
...For having 20k miles. Rusted exhaust, missing pullstrap cover, painted 1/4, horrible orange peel, saggy headliner. Is that the stock radiator overflow bottle?

headliner is very common even on low mileage cars .. hey it is 20 years old :cool:

just found this on Ebay ... $37k at this point is a deal ... doesn't look that bad to me for a car someone used as a driver every now an then ... very easy to fix a few things .. be curious what it goes for :cool:

Don't guess it's possible to find an X for under $40k, possibly $50k anymore, unless they are really beat on, or have real high miles..

Does anyone have any history on #293? The seller claims he bought it from a doctor. ?????

Also what sort of discount on a % babsis would there be if the car does not have the coat, papers etc.....

Thanks

I cant see myself buying a car like that w/o driving it. Any car I buy I dont want to be afraid to drive. I'll settle for a GN or T-Type or even a clone. I want something Im not gonna worry about if the exhaust gets a little rusty or the paint isnt perfect!! Plus, I cant afford one!! Just my opinion

I agree. Geez seems like people are quick to rank on someone else's car just because it has a 'few' minor blemish's!!?? I would love to own that car but getting a 2nd mortgage to buy it might cause a "few" problems with the wifey...........:wink:

KTB

If I had the money I would buy that in a heart beat. So far it's at a good price. And if I had the money to buy that, then I would also have the money to have all the problems repaired by a very good professional.

But I like that it's a car that isn't sitting with less than 2000 miles because you can still actually drive it instead of look at it. You can still drive this one on a good Saturday every month or so without feeling guilty.

I didn't really mean to come off like I was putting the car down, just that I've seen cars in better shape that have 20k miles.

And yes, I agree....
I'd give my left nut for that car.

I still think that radiator bottle looks like it's from a Hot-air

Our 500 mile GNX 103 had rust under it because it was stored in a climate controlled bldg w/o dehumidification. Not a big deal really, and quite common, and cleans up pretty well. Yup, that car has its flaws, but I'd love to have it like everyone else. Alot of issues on this site ppl have w/ TRs is simply it being 20 yrs old, and mileage has little to do w/ some issues.

Our 500 mile GNX 103 had rust under it because it was stored in a climate controlled bldg w/o dehumidification. Not a big deal really, and quite common, and cleans up pretty well. Yup, that car has its flaws, but I'd love to have it like everyone else. Alot of issues on this site ppl have w/ TRs is simply it being 20 yrs old, and mileage has little to do w/ some issues.

Exactly. My 7000 mile GN has the same issues.

51k???? Maybe I should've looked into a second mortgage!!! I thought it woulda went for more.:confused: You can drive that one!!

$51K sounds about right for a GNX w/ 21,000 miles. This one looks like it needs a little TLC. Hopefully whoever bought it will fill us in on how nice or not nice this car really is. Congrats to the lucky new owner of #293!

Just saw a GNX on autotrader with 36k for $69995!!! Makes that car seem like a steal.