29.5x10.5Ws..anybody got a shoehorn?

KendallF

Blah blah blah
I'm in the middle of my frame notch and mini-tub job...actually, I'm in the middle of about 3 things at once, which sucks for the organizationally challenged like myself.

I am working on getting the 29.5 x 10.5Ws in the car; pics are here:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/frederik32212/lst?&.dir=/rear+tire+clearance&.src=ph&.view=t&.last=1

A back half job would've been easier, I think. :) They're kissing the inner frame rail wall (all that's left) and the fender lip. Ride height is currently at 29" from the middle of the rear wheel-well to the ground.

Wow!!Kendall,looks badass!Now that you have pratice whatll it cost for you to cut mine up?Looks great!!!:cool:

Maybe they will be like a pair of shoes and fit better after a few launches....a little more fender flare, a plasma cutter, and a bit less back space and you will have them in there!

Originally posted by Steve Wood
Maybe they will be like a pair of shoes and fit better after a few launches....a little more fender flare, a plasma cutter, and a bit less back space and you will have them in there!

Well, I plan on the plasma cutter. :D I need the backspace; they're rubbing the fender lips as it is (I rolled the center portion of the lip but they're hitting in back). I think a few launches like this and I'd be riding on the rim! :eek:

P.S..Go to bed, Steve, will ya? You old farts need your sleep!

old people cannot sleep!

I am in a different time zone from you, too!

Just take all that skill you have acquired and extend the flares...you have already chopped up that rosewood car on the inside...might as well do outside.

I think Gary needs to sell some cars to pay for the '64 Impala SS he bought....before he knew it it was off the frame and down to bare metal and suddenly he mainlining cash straight into the thing....he has a nice rosewood limited as you know...:)

Looks good Kendall. What b/s you have on those rims? My new rims are 15X11 w/ 6" b/s. I am wondering if I should have ordered more b/s. I know my 15X10 w/ 5" b/s are out too far.

Hey Kendall, it looks like your trying hehehe

Something else you need to look at is in front of the tire where the 1/4 panel curves down to the frame (front of the fender).

This spot also rubs at about 130+ because of tire groth, I had to bend about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch here to with the 29.5 tires.

Take Care

Wow, that looks good! Very meaty.

Don't mean to get off subject, but what color is that car? It looks like Sunset Orange Metallic from a new Camaro....

Cal, Neal, thanks for the input! The rims are 15x10 with 5.5" backspacing. The car is Rosewood...great color, eh? :)

Doh! Why didn't I think of that....guess the way the light was shining off it made it look orange.

Looks great tho.

Steve