28" vs 30" comparison?

karolko

Who here has tested or has some sort of comparison between 28" vs. 30"

Any improved ET's or MPH?

looking to see what type of real world comparison people have had.

Adrian

I have ran both sizes.the 30 can be hit with more power and has considerably more rollout.

Like said above. Better for street usage too.....Weather it be tuning or giving rides 30'' tires have more traction.
I dont have any back to back testing on the track with 28 vs 30 tho. However, it would depend on what RPM your motor/tranny is designed for in the combo.

The 30" may or may not hook better. For me, the 28" is a better tire to use because the suspension works better with the shorter tire. The 30" is very tall, which raises the rear of the car up in the air. To properly transfer the weight , the front needs alot of travel. To set a car up properly for a 30" tire requires an extreme frame notch, wheel tubs and lowering the car alot.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I've been looking at the new MT ET Street Pro's and Et Street R's and the new 275 tires are 10lbs lighter that the originals... there are lots of guys running way faster than i will on 275's so i think i will stick to them and not try to change things up too much.

i think there might be more to gain from the 20lbs of rotational mass lost.

Adrian

I've been looking at the new MT ET Street Pro's and Et Street R's and the new 275 tires are 10lbs lighter that the originals... there are lots of guys running way faster than i will on 275's so i think i will stick to them and not try to change things up too much.

i think there might be more to gain from the 20lbs of rotational mass lost.

Adrian