28 inch slicks

Frank87

Can anyone tell me if 28 inch slicks will have any bad effects on my 87 stock rearend GN. I think I heard that they rub and you need to bend the lip of the wheel well back a bit.? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

Depending on rim backspacing and such they could rub but plenty of people run them. I rolled my fenders when I put the 28's on just for extra insurance. I cut my 26's a couple times when making passes, rim was 8.5 wide with a 3.5 backspacing so it was a must for me. Also dont shy from rolling your fenders if you really want to run a 28. I rolled mine with the trim on and used a heat gun to keep the paint from cracking, you cant even tell.

A fender roller is for rent on this board most of the time for pretty cheap and a stand up guy. Ill search it for you...

I am currently running 28x9 et drag wheels on my 3.5 backspace wheels and getting 1.49 sixty foots.

No mods needed to the trim, quarters, ect why would i cut it up? Get the right backspace and dont tear your car up.

I am running Larry Hodge Racing Tires and Wheels

BW

I'm using some Phoenix 10.5 x 28.5's on 15" x 8" rims with a 3.5" rear spacing and rolled fender lips.
Claude. :)