275/60's on stock GN rims

TRFanatic

Hello all,

Has anyone but BFG 275/60/15 on stock GN rims?? Was it okay??

Thanks alot for your time,

Ravi

thats what I am running right now, slight rub over the last couple months, if yuo have a lum drums, prob wont rub at all....as they set the rims out another 1/8"

i had them on T-type rims, fit fine. Only problem was at the track, couldn't drop the pressure below 23psi or they would rub.

I had them on stock GN wheels and just had to use a 3/16" spacer. They just slightly rubbed on the passenger side after that.

"t" wheels

I had them on my stock T wheels. Worked so well that when I ordered my draglites I got the same size wheel. But I was lucky my car has the alum. drums. I'm also able to run the pressure down to 18 or 19 psi. with no rubbing!!

drop

So I guess then that if I use 1" drop springs that I should use 275/50/15?? Has anyone done this??

Thanks for the input guys,

Ravi

Re: drop

Originally posted by TRFanatic
So I guess then that if I use 1" drop springs that I should use 275/50/15?? Has anyone done this??

Thanks for the input guys,

Ravi

On GN wheels, 275/50's rub the frame worse than 60's as they are a little wider.

I run 275/60's on T-type wheels and my springs are at least 1" lower than stock and I get no fender rub. Taking an on ramp over the speed limit, they will rub the frame slightly, though.

Originally posted by mytquick87
They fit great on 8.5" gn rims.

Where can I find a set of 8.5" GN rims? Is there a vendor that sells them? Do I have to have a set widened?

Thanks,

Steve.

I have 275/60/15 nitto's on stock T wheels. They only rub when I go over big speed bumps or hit potholes in the road. My car is also lowered one inch with aluminum drums.

Re: wheels

Are the T wheels and GN wheels the same in width/offset etc??

Thanks,

Ravi

GN wheels have slightly more offset than T-type wheels. A GN wheel puts the tire about 1/4" to 3/16" closer to the frame than with T-type wheels

Hello all,

Has anyone but BFG 275/60/15 on stock GN rims?? Was it okay??

Thanks alot for your time,

Ravi

Mine don't rub unless I drop the tire pressure below 25 psi.

At 18 psi they start rubbing bad(frame rail) about the 1/8th mile:eek: