275-60-15's.

Centerline Rev wheels 8" wide with 4" backspacing. 275/60 BFG Drag Radials. A lot depends on your ride height, when you start lowering the car like JEVANS or mine, clearances get a lot tighter. Also, brands of tires are not always the same size despite having the same size rating. In other words a BFG 275/60 isn't exactly the same size as say a M/T 275/60. I find the BFG's are just a tad narrower. You also have to deal with the fact that the rears on these cars are never perfectly centered with the body.

With my GN I had to trim the wheelwheel trim slightly. Still getting an occasional scrape sound depending on what angle I take a driveway at. Might need to nibble away a bit more. On my driver's side I am getting some rubbing on that damn part of the frame towards the rear of the wheelwell. Might have my welder do a little surgery on that someday.

Most of the wheel manufacturers only offer wheels with 1/2" backspacing. Example, Welds 8" wheels would have 3 1/2" backspacing which would stick the tires out 1/2" more than the wheels I got. That's the main reason I went with the Centerlines and it is nice going to a show pretty much knowing you won't see another set of wheels like these.

Don't forget, if changing tire height you will need to change the speedo gear to keep things accurate.

You nailed it Mark...Perfect stance and a Killer set of wheels.

It takes alot of measuring and head scratching to get our GN's to sit like this and to find the right wheels and tires to go along with it.

Your GN and Will's(Bent6) have the ideal combination and are about as good as it gets. It's alot of work to get this look, but definitely worth the results.

Sweet Ride...

John

Did I hear my name? Believe it when I say that we have done the homework on fitting the car down OVER the 275s. Easy to bolt them on but a little more difficult to tuck em in with the car sitting down on them. Both jevans and I tend to get a little extreme with our projects though.......

Car looks good Mark but I'm biased.:biggrin:

Here's mine FWIW.......

DSC_0051.jpg

Link to my build http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/brakes-suspensions-tires-wheels/289865-total-suspension-build.html

rear gear ratio with 275/60-15

3.42 gear ratio becomes effective ratio of 3.17 with 28" tires. 3.30 with 27" car acceleration will probably feel slightly sluggish depending on mods, but should hook better.

feels like my car (stock turbo 15psi, TT and 42.5s, PTE SLIC) doesn't quite have the supporting mods for the 28" tires (BFG DRs), but some tuning tweaks should help. at least i can hold more boost on the line now and the tires hook much better.

Here is mine. Not a good close up but I just want to share. 235/60/15 up front and 275/60/15 on the rear.

Attachments

• TType2.jpg
    TType2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 464