275/60-15s rub - need spacers

CuzzinOlaf

My passenger side rear rubs a little bit under hard acceleration. The drivers side is fine as far as I can tell. I never used spacers before and not sure what size I might need. I don't want it to run on the fender so am thinking 1/2 inch but wanted to ask. Also, where should I order them from or anything specific I should get. I have extended studs and would like to find something that slips over them if possible. I'll race the car once this year and then probably done for a while if it matters.

I read your sig and didn't see a thing that you've done to the suspension. If everything's original then you have 25 YO + rubber in the rear. Would you ride on tires that old? A spacer may solve the issue for now but I think you've got some issues that need to be taken care of rather than put a band aid on.;)

Tires are new all the way around as of Tuesday. I went from a 255/50 to a 275/60 and now they rub a little on just the one side. Suspension is bone stock except for a stiffer rear sway bar. Sorry, didn't mention anything about new rubber on the front and rear.

Funny you say that, I threw on Mickey's when I first got it and left the fronts because they looked good. I went in for the rears and found out the front tires were from 1996. 19 year old tires, glad they checked. ugggh.

I was talking about the suspension bushings Olaf. If the car's got 33K on it they're most likely original and are rotten, or very close to it.;)

he mentioned tires as an example ..what he means is you have 25yr old rubber bushings in the upper and lower control arms , the uppers locate the rear and if they are shot (dry rotted ) the rear will move around , much more so than if they were fresh and poly bushings allow even less movement side to side

Ahhh, my bad. I think they were swapped with polyurethane bushings a ways back. I'll check my paperwork from the original owner, he kept everything.

Ahhh, so if the one side is rubbing they're probably bad. I think he did polyurethane but have to check. I can't remember if it is this gn or my last one. Old age haha.

You might want to measure both sides and see if the rear's centered. If they're not adjustable then replacing the uppers with a set of adjustable ones may cure the issue and let it hook better.;)

I'll definitely check, thanks. One question? If it hooked great with the 255s, pulls straight as an arrow and feels tight still make a difference? I guess I need to know which bushings to go with if they're rotted and then spacers if it rubs still (after I change them or confirm they're polys).

Last edited: