275-60-15 tire question

GSX-PKV

I've searched this on the board so I'll ask the question. I have 275-60-15 MT Drag Radials on 8 1/2" rims and they fit and look nice with no rubbing. For highway use, I want to put 275-60-15 BFG Radial TA street tires on my 7" rims and was wondering since they will be bowed out more, do you think they would rub? Thanks for any info. Paul

Paul,
I have 275/60/15 BFG on my car right now on stock wheels. The car is lowered and they dont rub anywhere. They are really tight on the inside, but they dont rub. Just remember though, none of these cars seem to be the same for wheel fitment.Hope this helps... By the way, I thought it was cool seeing you out in the rain at BG in your GSX, too cool :cool:

On T wheels they should only rub the frame when cornering. GN wheels will rub a little more than T wheels.

A 1/4" spacer will help both (They are street tires, its not like you will pull 1.5 60 ft times with them)

Paul,
I have 275/60/15 BFG on my car right now on stock wheels. The car is lowered and they dont rub anywhere. They are really tight on the inside, but they dont rub. Just remember though, none of these cars seem to be the same for wheel fitment.Hope this helps... By the way, I thought it was cool seeing you out in the rain at BG in your GSX, too cool :cool:

The wiper blades on our GSX are over 20 years old and still worked great! On my daily driver I have to get new blades every year or they tear apart. I guess the Chinese made blades can't stack up to old USA made ones! It was fun cruising in the rain in a real GSX... we got quite a few looks.

I've searched this on the board so I'll ask the question. I have 275-60-15 MT Drag Radials on 8 1/2" rims and they fit and look nice with no rubbing. For highway use, I want to put 275-60-15 BFG Radial TA street tires on my 7" rims and was wondering since they will be bowed out more, do you think they would rub? Thanks for any info. Paul

It depends on the car. Some do, some don't. If you have the alumimum brake drums that gives you a little more clearance. On my son's car we had to add a 1/8" spacer on the right side.

275-60-15.. on stock t wheels with aluimn drums

Attachments

• DSCN1926.JPG
    DSCN1926.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 325
275-60-15 BFG Radial TA's are on and fit with no rubbing. I'm used to the same size MT drag radials for the street and wow... these are easy to spin! I can fry them from a 50 mph roll!!! Thanks for all the input. Paul

Attachments

• Tires.jpg
    Tires.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 254