274" on center stage 2 TSO/TSL/xTSM ready

forcefed3.8's

Buckeye Bullet
I am considering selling my fresh 274" on center engine. It has less than 150 miles on it and less than 15 sec of WOT time. Never been down the track, just street miles.
153 4.01 bore 2 bolt end, 4 bolt centers
brand new BMS forged 3.625" crank
6.3" Crower I beam heavy duty billet rods
Diamond custom pistons 4.01 bore, 24.2 cc dish, valve reliefs for stage 2 and production heads, custom convex dish with no sharp edges, thick undercrown, top ring .320" down, ceramic coated tops, moly coated skirts. 9.6:1 with .051 Cometic gasket. Made to handle 1200hp
GN1 latest casting heads, fully ported by Champion. Have a taller port than a 1200 gasket, chambers widened to a 4" bore to unsroud the valves, clearanced for 3/8" pushrods. Comp 600lbs open springs
Champion intake with tall ports, polished rails, plenum, powdercoated clear lower, fully ported by Champion
T&D Jessel style rockers 1.65 ratio
224/224 hydraulic roller with solid roller lifters tight lashed @.008. This cam works great with a 3 bolt turbo.
Offset Isky tall body solid roller lifters
3/8" pushrods
Rollmaster chain. It is a seasoned chain that fit tight.
Distributor gear and balancer spacers for the on center engine
Sheet metal oil pan holds over 8 quarts with the external oil lines, still showing 1 quart low on the factory dipstick.
Duttweiler oil pump.
BHJ balncer
JW flexplate
ARP head studs
Cometic head gaskets
This is over $15,000 in parts alone. All machine work and shortblock assembly was done by Dave Weber. Main clearances are .002 and rods are .0025. I am running 20/50 Brad Penn oil. Plenty of oil pressure, 15 to 20 idle, 70+ @5000+rpm. Everything is ready to go. I am planning on running this engine at Norwalk this year unless it sells. If it sells, I have a TA aluminum engine I will run until my Limited is done, then this car will get a 6.0 LS. If it doesn't sell, it will stay V6. I drive this on the street, it gets over 18mpg going to car shows and work. Boils the 325/50's off with a 76mm turbo. This will bolt in place of a 109 with no problems for anyone scared of the on center. Very firm @ 14,500 no shipping. Someone would easily have this in a 109 built to run TSM and be competitive.

Thanks. Considering a girdled stroker 109 with a cam set up is close to 8000, add GN1 heads, rockers, intake, front cover, oiling system, balancer, flexplate, porting, billet I beam rods, and non China crank. The only thing used it the block. I feel like an idiot trying to sell it, after the 8 months it took to put it together and get it running. The torque of the 4" bore is awesome. I would bet at 0lbs boost it will beat a stock GN through the 1/4.

Man I love this motor... If I didnt just do my 109 block, I would be all over this. It really is a great deal if you price out the parts... Good luck selling it......AL

You should keep it. I know when I sold my Stage II motor out of my last street car I regretted it. It sounds like a really nice combo you should get some enjoyment out of it. Not to mention the market /economy sucks too. BTW, did you end up keeping your Stage II heads or did you sell them?

Neal

I still have the s2 heads. I have another engine I can use if it sells. Just figured I would throw it out there.

Ttt. This engine has been tuned by Cal and has run 8.94@151 with a 3 bolt turbo on 26psi@ 3450lbs. It has 9 1/4 mile passes on it.