20K Mile SHOW QUALITY engine for sale

QuickWrench

Don't Read This
Hate to do it, but...

I'm starting a new company and need additional working capital. So...Up for sale is the original engine from my 20K mile '87 Limited. See this link for pictures, or follow this link to a Zip archive of all of the pictures.

EVERYTHING in the pictures is included [except the stand :)]

This engine has NEVER been hurt. Before going into storage in 1999, this car had a total of 27 passes. It went 11.97@106.34 with a bone-stock drivetrain, 20psi boost, 36pph Blue Tops, stock downpipe, and BFG Drag Radials.

I went through it late last year only to check things out. Needless to say, with only 20K miles, it was perfect. It was reassembled as follows:

NEW HRPartsNStuff Poly Mounts
Block/Crank/Rods/Pistons/Heads/Turbo: Stock GM
Stock Intercooler with Duttweiler neck
Sealed Power File-To-Fit rings
ARP head & main studs
New Quad Air wires (not in pictures)
Quad Air Volt Booster
Ported Throttle Body
Fel-Pro 9441PT head gaskets
New GM boost solenoid, PCV, crank sensor & bracket
3" THDP
42.5pph 009 injectors

I can't stress enough that maximum attention has been paid to every detail of this engine. Every nut, bolt, piece, part, gasket, sensor, etc. has been polished, buffed, cleared, or whatever it took to put together a motor with an appearance second to none. I spent damn near three weeks in the off-season on it, seven days a week.

Incidentally, I've been racing and building Buicks for nearly ten years. I regularly build blown alcohol Hemis for Pro Modified cars in excess of 2600HP, so I have some the best equipment out there at my disposal. No detail was overlooked.

First $2850 takes it, if sold by Friday (10/7/2005). Finder's Fee available.

As I said, I'm only offering this for sale to generate working capital for our new business, so a QUICK sale is necessary, or I'll just keep it. The engine is brand new, never fired, and is being stored in North Carolina. I can ship it, if necessary.

Forgot to add...

1. The motor also has Comp Cams 979 springs, and a new Dynagear timing chain [with steel gears].
2. The headers are the original 20K units, and have never cracked.
3. The 2 1/2" blue silicone hoses and black step hose for the intercooler are new.
4. The rubber feed/return fuel lines ARE included, as are the oil cooler lines and adapter.
5. The front and rear main seals are new **** units. Best ones out there.

Hopefully, "Quickwrench" takes care of getting you the parts he owes you Mr. Jones. There is a writeup of his new business start http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060113/BUSINESS/601130336/1003/BUSINESS in the newspaper. What appears to be his fathers address comes up on a MSN "White Pages" search. If he won't return his calls/e-mails, possibly his folks can get the message to him? If I got beaten out of parts/money after a 1600 mile drive, a call to his parents would be next. Hopefully they can steer him in the appropriate direction if they are ethical people! Good Luck :cool:

SEAN "QUICKWRENCH" SPARACIO

Turbo T/A 1543,
Thanks for your input. In the article linked to your post, Sean "QUICKWRENCH" Sparacio states that his practice is to employ a method of oil evacuation "that sucks the oil out of the car". I have found, however, that his practice is to "suck the money out of your wallet" and then not deliver the parts that he has been paid for :eek: . He has had more than ample time to do the right thing and yet he has made no effort to do so. There is no possible chance that I would ever turn over the keys to my car to him after what I have learned of his unethical practices.

Again ........ the input of each that have emailed and PM'ed is sincerely appreciated.
BW Jones

hey Bruce this is mike i met you back in october when i came to get front and rear bumpers and rear fillers from you.......i was wondering if this was that motor you were telling me about????did this guy ever deliver what you paid for?????im willing to take a trip with you to go get it if not ;) hope all is well mike

Sean "QUICKWRENCH" Sparacio

Mike(s),
This is the engine I bought and paid for immediately to accommodate Mr. Quickwrench's business venture. I travelled over 1600 miles (round trip) on 11/06/05 to pick up the engine, but he claimed he did not have all the parts available. He promised to ship me the THDP, coilpak, ignition module and bracket right away. He has never followed through with his promise ....... hence, I have had to additionally spend over $600 for these parts to get the engine running. I have posted the details regarding this matter in the "FEEDBACK" forum
( http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172978 ).
He is not to be trusted :mad: .

BW Jones said:
Mike(s),
This is the engine I bought and paid for immediately to accommodate Mr. Quickwrench's business venture. I travelled over 1600 miles (round trip) on 11/06/05 to pick up the engine, but he claimed he did not have all the parts available. He promised to ship me the THDP, coilpak, ignition module and bracket right away. He has never followed through with his promise ....... hence, I have had to additionally spend over $600 for these parts to get the engine running. I have posted the details regarding this matter in the "FEEDBACK" forum
( http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172978 ).
He is not to be trusted :mad: .

Sorry to hear that - what a "jerk"...

FWIW - I bought a used, (but claimed low mile) TA49 turbo for $400 from a guy off of eBay. I picked it up locally, installed it and after 80 miles had major shaft play. Brought it back to the guy to rebuild ("I'll stand behind it" when I commented about the shaft play - I should have walked...), left it with him and now he won't answer my calls either. JunkBrick said he has screwed every GN owner in the Birmingham area. His ex-wife is trying to help, but no turbo yet. I'm going to track him down when I get done with Army and "beat his ass" when I catch up with him...