204-214 cam

dice64

Anybody on board besides RED that has run 10s with this cam?After reading GM High Tech Jan issue I am determined to build a TSM motor. :mad:

Tsm

I'm going to run one in a motor that i'm building.Heard good stuff on this cam. Do a search you can find some good info this cam.

And about running the TSM class or building an TSM motor you better get the billfold out and cash in the saving account too, because its going to take it. I'm in the process of building one too. Good luck to you.

204-214

We run a PAW 204-214 cam payed $49.00 for it and it is grate. The combo. is std. bore 3.8 TRWs pistons, backyarded ported 8445s ,stock TB,intake,plenim,and exhost manifoleds. Te45a with 63exh ,Easten FMIC 50lbs inj with REDs 108 chip, stock mas. This car has a TH350 3200 converter, on 28x10.5 MT slicks , and is a full weight car every thing works even the 100bl. sunroof. The car ran 10.60 10.70 all day. But we just put in a 214-224 and slowed the car down , this cam dosent start pulling untill mid track in our combo so were going back to the 204-214 it really works well. :) :) :)

I would not run this cam in a TSM Motor.
Something in the 220 to 235* @ 50 and .550 to .600 Lift is a little closer to
what you will need to run with Top Gun.

Hey guys. Who is building this grind and does it make a difference who is putting the profile on the cam? I have heard some good things about this cam for the street, but was wondering who to get it from.

We have been selling that cam for years, I think we started that design back in the late 80's. It is known as the Stage 3 or Stage 4 cam. The Stage 4 has a tighter centerline for more peak torque, the Stage 3 has a looser CL for more average torque (area under the curve). The Stage 3 & 4, both 204/214, have been so popular with our customers and engines we have built that we killed off the Stage 1 & 2. For guys running a little faster we developed the ESP Grind and ESP Race cams. They offer about 30 more HP & TQ over the Stage 3 & 4 but you loose a little engine vacuum (14" @ idle). Guys like Lee Thompson have used this cam design from us. We've even made a roller version of the ESP cams. I would recommend either Stage cam for the street and down into the low 11s.

Hope this helps.

Just checked with Summit, they have the Melling version for $56.69 . Part number is MEL-MTB-1. It will be a few days before it's added to the system. Zack was kind enough to furnish the info, his sales ID of 487 can be entered on the order form and his extension is 6284 if you call. Shipping is free, there is a $8.95 handling fee.

Both Summit and Jegs have the Edelbrock version (with lifters) for $129. P/N EDL-5487 and 350-5487 respectively.

I sell that cam and lifter kit for $130 shipped add $35 if you want matching springs. Thanks,Frank