2015 GNX

GNX243

How many of you will be purchasing the twin turbo 3.6 L 400 hp GNX that will available in the 2015 production year? In manual or eight speed hydramatic? Any guestimate as to price?

They cannot capture what GM what was with the turbo regals
Whatever they name it it will never be a grand national or a gnx

Hard to say since i really dont know what it will look like (lots of what if photos online). If they screw up like dodge did with the charger and make it a 4-door i wont be buying one. Needs to be a coupe. I personally don't mind them making it again if they do it right, hopefully GM will go with retro styling like the camaro\mustang\challenger which are HUGE now. If not.... I'll pass cause i'm not a fan of the newer regal as it's just to blah.

So I hope GM does not build it. I worked for GM for 30 years. Trying to revive the GN's and GNX's will only take away form the last ones built. Just like if the movie Black Air " when there gone there gone" I believe a Richard Clark quote.

I would disagree that bringing back a nameplate would automatically be a bad thing. Case in point, I had a '71 Challenger (sold it last year). The new Challenger didn't hurt that car one bit. In fact, it made people appreciate the E body even more (if that was even possible). Neither did the 4 dr Charger hurt the old B body. Both of those cars have been a hit for Chrysler. A European tuned suspension, 350-400 hp forced induction engine, nice leather interior and infotainment would only be a good thing.

Times change and the next generation would be drawn in by the legacy these cars established. It won't be the same car, they never are. My guess is that a lot of guys who have/have had TR's would drill down on a new one. It worked that way for Mopar and Chevy, with the Camaro.

Regards,
John

This picture is the current screensaver on my iPhone. If they build a car anything like this, I'm in. Even the wife approves for a change.

buick_gnx_f34_ns_112612_600.jpg

IMO...most of the newer cars all look the same. Same body lines, just diffirent headlight and tail light shapes. I can see the point of worrying that it may take away from the Turbo regals and grand nationals of the past, but I really believe that it will not be the case. The younger generations are hung up on the tuner scene. Most of them have no clue of what a grand national is....other than the fact that they saw Vin Diesel driving one in the opening scene of the last fast and furious movie. It could very well spark curiousity in the younger generations. They will never be able to exactly duplicate the gnx. We all know this, but as far as the new market goes, I think it could be a hit. I can also see that older people may view today's cars as too flashy or resembling too much like a space ship, but me being in my mid 30's, I like the modern regal. The only bad thought I have here is that 400hp on a fwd platform doesn't thrill me. Make it rwd or even awd, and call it a day.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yes I tend to agree that most same size cars look similar. Since they are all designed by computers for the best aerodynamics, the computers can only do so much. Changing grill head and tail lights are pretty much what defines a car now.

Yes I tend to agree that most same size cars look similar. Since they are all designed by computers for the best aerodynamics, the computers can only do so much. Changing grill head and tail lights are pretty much what defines a car now.
Also too, everyone seems to be going with the direct injection turbo 4 cylinders too.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

As part of the younger generation (21), I will say that even I can see that the market has changed so much over the years. The masses want comfort and technology in their vehicles now, and most people want 4 doors. I'm a single guy with no kids and it's more convenient for me to own a 4 door car. I can just imagine what the older generations who will be able to afford this car would want. I know there is going to be some die hard GN or GNX fans who say they need to keep it original, even I tend to agree a little with that statement. But with the way that the 2 door sports car market is these days, I don't think GM would want to release something that would take away from what little they already offer, from a business standpoint.

Now I've heard rumors that this car was going to be built on a RWD Cadillac chassis. I can only hope that is the case. But like I said, I'm only 21 trying to pay a mortgage and car payment by myself, so maybe several years down the road i'll be able to afford a used one myself.

Give it a chance. You never know what will be coming out and who has their hands in it.

I would be surprised if some well known people in the TR community weren't contacted for input or other tech.

I can't wait for the finished product and what kind of power can be attained with after market products and tune.

I bet HP can be close to doubled with a good tune.

D

BuickGrandNational.jpg
Similar to what was already posted.
NewGS.png
Still like the GS though...
IndyV6.jpg
Can we get one of these in the new GN? lol
98GS2.jpg
Still like the W bodys as well. This one runs in the low 12's!