2014 Buick vs Ford

LSTTYPE

Attn all Midwest Buicks, we really need you to commit early to the 2014 Buick vs Ford event in Oklahoma. The commitment list has already been made under the national racing events section. This year as some of you know Team Buick was defeated 47 to 22. The problem was that there just weren't enough Buicks in attendance myself included. For this event to remain relevant, more Buicks must show up. Let's help rally a bunch of cars from surrounding states and show ford we are still a force. Add your name to the commitment list! They only brought 80 some fords this year and we have in the past brought over a 120 Buicks. It can be done and must if we want this 2 decade long event to survive. Thanks, Luke

YES!! Sign up, Prep your car, mark your calendars, get vacation approved, hell even stash money away like a pack rat, DO SOMETHING to make sure you attend this event!

This event is a wonderful, honorary tradition that's been going on for close to 20 years. If you didn't attend 2013 Buick Vs Ford, then for the 2014 race, I DON'T WANT EXCUSES, I WANT RESULTS! Show up and compete! You have enough time to get this squared away.

If you live within a 500 mile radius of Oklahoma City/Noble, and do not attend as a COMPETITOR...well hang your head in shame now, because your family is counting on you in a time of need. You're truly missing out on some of the best fun you can have with your pants on.

I've been attending this event for 6 of the 8 years I've had my car. 2006-2009 then 2011 and 2013. In 2010 I blew a head gasket prior to the race and 2012, there was no event. I wasn't competing in the race in 2010, but I sure as hell was in the staging lanes helping out! Each year, I've competed in the event, I driven MY CAR close to 700 miles round trip, just to race for bragging rights/fun. No prize money, no trophy, no magazine article, pure fun. Each time I've attended as a competitor, I've yet to have a failure to render me from getting back home.

The Buick team isn't only depending on you, but the Ford camp is also!! The event can not continue without the strong back bone of the Buicks! I'm happy to see someone from the Ford team has taken the event by the horns. It's a great deal of stress taken off of those who have been organizing, helping and directing the event while also needing to race their own cars. Let those people have the fun and enjoyment of a more relaxing time at the track then in years past when they've been busy dealing with event situations. They want to enjoy the racing aspect now...but if you don't show up....you've let them down too.

What other Buick event, will you attend where you are racing against an other car manufacture? No Buick vs Buick races, only Buick Vs Ford races. There is friendly rivalry between the teams. It's an event that shall continue to be supported by the Buick team! The races are real races against real competition. Not TnT or bracket racing, real heads-up racing.

If you think, you'll need a 9 second Buick to be competitive, then you're wrong. The main cluster of cars are the 11 second cars, and yes they make the difference.

Make this event! It's only going to continue to dwindle if everyone keeps staying home and don't have the pride to bring their car miles away from home to an event where they can prove a point and stand side by side with their Buick brethren by going 'Fast with Class'.

-Adam

this event is pretty far from me but I would drive twice as far to support a buick event and lay the smack down on a ford!!