2011 Mustang goes 12.0's

mr go fast

2011 Mustang Coyote goes 12.04@117 w/ a 1.7 60'. Evolultion Motorsports home of the fastest Mod Powered Mustangs is attempting 11's with some minor bolt ons. I may just have to rob a bank to get another 5.0...

I need to step up my game in the GN just in case I get to throw hands with one on the street. :D

I read the 2011 V6 Mustang is supposed to be good for a 13.7 in the 1/4 stock, whereas the new 5.0 is supposed to be good for 12.9's stock. Sounds like Ford's done their homework this time.

The price is right in line with the Camaros, if not a touch cheaper. Picking up a nice quick V8 pony car for 22,000 like back in the early 2000s isn't reality anymore. They all seem to sell well though. I mean most won't want a NA v6 mustang but high 13s at 102-104 is damn quick and you can get one in the low 20 range.

That wouldn't be a tough one. I can't see paying $10,000 more for a 12.90 car vs the 13.7 car. Besides thats like an extra $200 a month:eek:, plus higher insurance:eek:, and added fuel consumption. The V-8 would sound better though...:biggrin:

Yeah ET streets. I havent been excited about any Mustang after 93 but this one is making me think.

I love it that Ford and GM are having pony car wars again... improves both. Until GM came out with the new Camaro the Mustang GT was a joke, but not anymore.

What bolt-ons got it to 12.04? If the new Mustang is anything like the new Camaro even simple bolt-ons are anything but cheap.

I see NO NEW CAMAROS at the drag strip near me :(

Infact I see no new camaros on the road.

I saw 2 Shelby GT's 500 rip a high 11 pass & 12 at the drag strip.

Not sure if the 11 second one is modded.

I see NO NEW CAMAROS at the drag strip near me :(

Infact I see no new camaros on the road.

I saw 2 Shelby GT's 500 rip a high 11 pass & 12 at the drag strip.

Not sure if the 11 second one is modded.

I saw a new Camaro at my local track(Gulfport Drags) last week. He had some exhaust work, did his burnout and proceeded to BREAK AT THE LINE!!!!:(:( Got out and proceeded to catch himself before throwing his helmet at the car.

That 5.0 looks like it had ET streets, tune, exhaust, and suspension mods. Still, a 12.0 through a n/a motor is great.

Hmnn, let's see....
A new Tang v-sicks, and a PTE dbb turbo, Razor's alky?? Would make the v-8 car look silly.
Good gas mileage, quiet, sneaky, yadda, yadda.

I saw a new Camaro at my local track(Gulfport Drags) last week. He had some exhaust work, did his burnout and proceeded to BREAK AT THE LINE!!!!:(:( Got out and proceeded to catch himself before throwing his helmet at the car.

what broke on the car? was it a manual trans car that sheared the output shaft off in the transmission? probably those heavy 20" wheels that caused it.

That 5.0 looks like it had ET streets, tune, exhaust, and suspension mods. Still, a 12.0 through a n/a motor is great.

If that's all it had, that car had to be tuned to within an inch of its life :eek:

That along with an excellent driver.

novaderrik said:
what broke on the car? was it a manual trans car that sheared the output shaft off in the transmission? probably those heavy 20" wheels that caused it.

Almost certainly the output shaft.