2011 Buick Regal spied

and i quote
Could a Grand National Be On the Docket?

At a recent dinner with Buick executives, we were regaled with the typical marketing jibber-jabber about the “incredible” stuff that’s coming next, and when we asked specifically about performance-oriented Buick models, we saw sparkles in their eyes and got one of those typical “just wait ’til you see what’s coming next” lines that usually prompts a collective rolling of the eyes. But with the Regal redux looking like a real possibility, it would seem quite natural for Buick to bring back the vaunted Grand National (or Grand Sport) name, too—powered by, say, a turbocharged V-6, just like the beloved original that was sold in the mid-1980s. Of course, rear-wheel drive would be out of the question and a front-drive GN would be absolute heresy, but all-wheel drive could perhaps prove a somewhat amicable compromise. On one point, however, we will not give ground: it must be all black.

My thoughts exactly especially with all this retro Mustang, Challenger, and Camaro business...

Theere were a couple show cars that would have been a little better candidates, however this is at least interesting.

Thanks for the link!

I don't understand why Buick has abandoned the rwd and gone all wrong wheel drive. I bought one once but never again.

With the demise of Pontiac, I see no reason why there wouldn't be a Buick G8. Wildcat, Special, Century, Gran(no D please, that is for corvettes), Grand National would all be suitable names

Government Motors so I doubt it will happen and I'd have to think long and hard about buying one from a fascist company

Ugh..that things as ugly as the Chevy G8 replacement!:mad:

And they ripped off the tail from a Lincoln and tried crossing it with an Acura.

Sad......:eek:

Okay, I didn't mean to kill the post...
I DO think they should design a car worthy of the BUICK nameplate around that gorgeous interior!

With so much history to steal styling cue's from it just seems odd that they'd stick a whalebone, or waterfall, grille on an otherwise barely attractive car and call it finished. It worries me that GM's styling is being shorted. Who will Toyota have to steal design elements from?

Seriously, does anybody dig the cat's eyes headlight look? I'm curious... Maybe history will see that as another Buick styling cue, among the many others.