200R4 Upgrades

LM1999

On a well maintained car with 60,000 miles and mild mods (fuel pump, hot wire, 2.5" dual exhaust, hi-flow cat, RED's 93 chip and 19lb boost), is the super servo, deep trans pan and trans cooler suffucient? Kirban sells them and it looks like something that can be done in an afternoon?
Thanks,
Leo

On a well maintained car with 60,000 miles and mild mods (fuel pump, hot wire, 2.5" dual exhaust, hi-flow cat, RED's 93 chip and 19lb boost), is the super servo, deep trans pan and trans cooler suffucient? Kirban sells them and it looks like something that can be done in an afternoon?
Thanks,
Leo

Does the trans already have a shift kit? I got my shift kit and servo from Kris at CKPerformance. Works great! Also have the Art Carr deep pan that Kirban's sells. I use that with a 700r4 filter. No problems yet.

And yes, Id use a external trans cooler in addition to the factory one in the radiator. You can get one pretty much anywhere, I think mine is a generic one from B&M.

I havent had any problems with that setup. But I think the band went away so mine has to come out.

And Id stick with a good Dexron 3 if thats whats in there. Also would be a good time to check the trans mount and u-joints, but I'll assume that was already covered. Maybe add a safety loop as well?

Thanks Scott, there is no shift kit in the car. From what I have been told, the car shifts hard and has never been abused, previous owner has had the car over 22 years and is a retired enthusist. Can you dump the fluid in the pan and replace it with synthetic dextron 3 without pumping remaining fluild in the converter? All tranny fluid was replaced 2000 miles ago from the GM dealer.

Thanks Scott, there is no shift kit in the car. From what I have been told, the car shifts hard and has never been abused, previous owner has had the car over 22 years and is a retired enthusist. Can you dump the fluid in the pan and replace it with synthetic dextron 3 without pumping remaining fluild in the converter? All tranny fluid was replaced 2000 miles ago from the GM dealer.

Are you going to do a shift kit? If not, you can swap the servo without touching the pan.

And I'm not sure on how to install the trans cooler exactly. I always get the lines mixed up...:redface:

I will be doing my lines in -6AN at some point in the near future.

And I'd stick with conventional Dexron 3. Its just me though. I switched to Amalie Synthetic Dexron 6 when I did my new servo and shift kit. After that the band went away rather quickly.

Disclaimer: Im not saying the syn. Dexron 6 killed my trans. It was almost 100% likely hurt before that. I just think the conv. Dex 3 and syn. Dex 6 didnt like each other too much. I have a spare 200-4R so Im not too worried about it.