200psi transducer

6gunn

high on gas fumes
I'm going to be logging alky pressure and am looking at 200psi transducers, but see a wide range of prices. $20 up to a $150 Holley unit and beyond. Anyone have experience with the cheaper ones? Also, how do they hold up when exposed to methanol?

I can say with confidence that the lower pressure, cheap ones off Ebay and such don't work well.

I have both mechanical and electric fuel pressure gauges running of the same feed line and the cheapo transducers were always under by about 6-8 pounds. Got a Holly one from Jegs and all is good now.

What I use.
I did a comparo and found that the 2 sensors look to be from the same mfgr.

Got everything up and running...awesome to see this data. It's reading 0.8(psi) at idle though, so I'd guess that it will read 0.8 higher all throughout the map, right? I haven't taken any logs yet, and want to get this reading correct first. Can I use the "offset volts" to change the voltage until it reads 0.0 at idle? A difference of 0.8 isn't really a big deal, but would like to fix this if possible.

That's a good question.

Remember, every 1/10th at the line = 2/10th's at the big end.....

What's IS the real equation?

My silly ass needs to ask the question.... :)

Though, I'm not nearly educated enough to ask. It just seems kind of relevant.

No?

Got everything up and running...awesome to see this data. It's reading 0.8(psi) at idle though, so I'd guess that it will read 0.8 higher all throughout the map, right? I haven't taken any logs yet, and want to get this reading correct first. Can I use the "offset volts" to change the voltage until it reads 0.0 at idle? A difference of 0.8 isn't really a big deal, but would like to fix this if possible.
Yes, use the offset to zero it out.

Just picked up this one at $59 shipped. PN: 8990200-0-200 PSI Pressure Sensor
They all looked the same on the outside, but I suppose construction is different on the inside. Different materials maybe...oil filled silicon, whatever that refers to.
Thanks for the info in this thread. I just ordered one of these as well. I'm square on the wiring / Powerlogger hookup but can't find a post regarding how you all are making the physical connection to the alky line. I'm assuming it's some type of tee like used for a FP transducer?