200c to 2004r swap

vics86

Looking to swap out my wimpy 200c for a built 2004r. Vehicle 86 olds cutlass w/ 8.5" 3.73 rear end, motor H.O. 307 but will be replaced in a year or two by torquey 403.

Has anyone here done the swap and is it relatively simple if you have all the parts?

Do you guys have any suggestion from companies to buy trannies from? I have looked at the raptor level 2 by performance automotive, bowtie transmission and the well know rebiuilder in new york, I forgot his name at the moment. I also dont know cost diff. between rebuilding a 2004r with the strenght of the above transmissions compared to buying one of the above transmissions.

I here this is the place to come to for 2004r questions. Thanks

Trans swap

Raptor Transmissions are bad news, don't take my word for it, do a google search and see. The guy I went through was from brownsmills New Jersey, great guy, great price. The swap is really simpleshould bolt up no prob, You'll need a new xmember, recommend one from Ice man.

Raptor Transmissions are bad news, don't take my word for it, do a google search and see. The guy I went through was from brownsmills New Jersey, great guy, great price. The swap is really simpleshould bolt up no prob, You'll need a new xmember, recommend one from Ice man.

Got a stock x member.

thanks for the input.

Any comments on monster transmission. They have a package that contains everything needed for a swap.

I here this is the place to come to for 2004r questions. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Vic,
Sent you mail.
Brian Hofer