2009 RTTH event coverage

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
Well our local RTTH event was this weekend and I can say I had a Wonderful time! The 3-day event started off this year on Friday with the Cruise portion through the "Tail of The Dragon". It was a beautiful day for a cruise, It started to rain as we got well into the mountains so 60% of the "Tail of the dragon" was IN THE RAIN!! :eek: Yes, taking the 318 turns at 45-55 MPH in the Rain was quite fun! :biggrin: The new TOYO proxes T1R's were the BEST tires I've ever owned!! I pushed, and pushed this car into curves and it Never broke away, Not even in the rain. :eek:
This brings me to the new wheel/tire set up with the CCW Classics / Toyo combination. This Dragon Run was the ultimate test for fitment and function with the new wheels & tires. There was No rubbing at all while throwing this car into 20 MPH turns at 45-55 MPH. No rubbing at all with off camber switch back curves!
The front suspension seems to be right in check and tracks very well, The car wasn't over riding the tires or pushing into the curves!

The braking will need some minor messaging! I think the SSBC dual piston calipers should take care of that just fine.

The links below are from the "The Tail of The Dragon". The Orange camaro with the CCW's is Brett (the owner of Air ride Technologies) !! :biggrin: These people take pictures on the dragon for a living and they do a great job!

MoonShinePhoto:

GOING UP THE DRAGON: PhotoReflect - MoonshinePhoto.Com

GOING DOWN THE DRAGON: PhotoReflect - MoonshinePhoto.Com

us129 Photos:

UP THE DRAGON: PhotoReflect - Xtreme Sports Photography

DOWN THE DRAGON: PhotoReflect - Xtreme Sports Photography

Below are just a few pic's of just before heading up the dragon....

SW.

Attachments

• RTTH5_-_Dragon_002.jpg
    RTTH5_-_Dragon_002.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 47
  • RTTH5_-_Dragon_004.jpg
    RTTH5_-_Dragon_004.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 47
  • RTTH5_-_Dragon_007.jpg
    RTTH5_-_Dragon_007.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 48
  • RTTH5_-_Dragon_011.jpg
    RTTH5_-_Dragon_011.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 47
Glad you had fun but you never told me if you made it to happy valley. the ride up there is nice as well as you climb the mountain.:biggrin: