2004r Direct Drum Burnt frictions...help!

He said in an earlier post that the vb has AA7 so I am guessing that is the gov he is using. Maybe he will post back. Also would like to know the finish weight of each weight after trimming. I went back to the stock spring as with out them the car hung in first to 25-35mph at light throttle. At stock it might could use a bit trimmed but I'm not dropping the pan for that. Maybe when I change filter n fluid.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

To measure the springs i am using a very crude system (dont burn me for this lol) I am using a $5 spring scale. I made jig with a long bolt and a washer and I compress the spring to 1/2 the resting lenght. And once I am done trying stuff I'll post some results. I am learning as I go and only do this once or twice a month....i got a oil extractor to save the fluid (synthetic fluid its too expensive). So far I have managed to get 1st, 2nd and 3rd just right but forth still comes in too early and down shifts to 3rd too late.
As for the govenor, I shaved the weighs 3/16 on the large one and then made the small one flush to that. It shifts under wot at about 5400 rpm (I thought it was 5k at first but after I installed HEI the tach reads a lot more accurately.

If it's a non lock converter and you have not replaced the valve and taken check ball out your fluid will not last long

It is lock up that why I am trying to delay 4th and make it down shift early. I am having no issues so far the fluid still looks new. there was some residue on the bottom of the pan (the first time I dropped it) but nothing to be worried about on a fresh rebuild and has not come back.