2003 Cobra

dvernst

Interested in maybe trading in the TTA for a 2003 Supercharged Cobra with 21,000 miles. What do you think? Thanks

03-04 Cobras can definitely hang with the TTA in the hp department and have a healthy aftermarket. The manual transmission is a plus unless you're a drag racer.

I'd stick with the TTA. I just personally think 99-04 Mustangs are some of the ugliest cars ever put on the road. The Cobras are a slight improvement. 03-04 Cobras can definitely be modded to fly relatively easily though. Odd how they waited until the General axed the FBody to build it.

What do you want for your TTA? I am interested what dealer is raping you for. You would be a fool to trade in with such a rare car that is going up in value.

As I have owned a 2003 Cobra myself I love those cars and will purchase another soon. Its a car you can beat on repeatedly and not have to spend a TON of money on like a TTA. Yes the TTA's are going up in value but the 03 04 Cobras will be following suit in the future. Parts are way easier to find and 500RWHP will cost you $1500 bucks maybe $2000, and it will start everytime and will be 10X more reliable!!!;) Put the TTA on Ebay don't trade it in...I think you will lose out on a trade in!! You didn't mention price on the Cobra but you can find lower mileage cars for about $25k to $27k.

It's your car you can do as you please, but I wouldnt do it. TTA's have there uniqueness and they are only going up in value. As others have said, if you do buy one, dont trade it in, just sell it here or on ebay.

Jason

I have a friend with a 03 Cobra. I am not that fond of it. At 21K it is on its 2nd clutch. Trans went out too. The cars tend to wheel hop and break the axle. I have seen more than a few be pushed off the starting line due to broken axles. Yes, my buddies car does dyno near the 500HP mark. But both my GN and TTA beat him on a regular basis. I always take him off the line and he pulls on me at the end. But he usually loses. :biggrin: And he has more $$$ in his car than I do.

I thought the interior was not that nice either. Seats are small. IMO the TTA has better seats.

If I was getting a new car it would be an automatic LS1 car. The Cobras havae a great MPH, but not as good as an ET. Depends what you want I guess.

Yeah I love my TTA so it would be hard to lose it. I like those Cobras also.I just wanted to hear some opinions. Maybe i could have both. Thanks

Yeah I love my TTA so it would be hard to lose it. I like those Cobras also.I just wanted to hear some opinions. Maybe i could have both. Thanks

Now your thinking;) :D

I live in IL too, on the W side. we should meet up sometime in the spring.

Bo

I absolutely love the 03/04 cobras. The one reason I didn't purchase one was the cost, for the money I found the C5 vette much cheaper. You can't beat a LS1 on spray for bang for the buck. I have less then $2,000 in mods and it runs 6.90s @102 on 18" BFGs.