2001 Regal GS

y26

I've been thinking about buying one of these but would like anybody's opinion that owns one. How is the drivability? Is the gs Supercharged? Are there goodies for them to go quick? Thanks in advance.

i love mine

i have had a 98-99-00 and i have loved them all with 3 simple mods they will go in the 13's and are very nive on the street ride and perforamce

Well there's probably a few, but I'm pretty sure these would do it:

Pulley, Cam, headers.

regal

Yeah the GS is supercharged. For what its worth it has the "sport' button to kick the computer into a more agressive mode.

My bro has a 2000 or 01. I would have picked one up if I didnt go with the riv. If I remember from my research, most of the bugs were worked out of that car by 97-98.

urbs

Re: regal

Originally posted by UrbsNSpices
For what its worth it has the "sport' button to kick the computer into a more agressive mode.

I just test drove one the other day...I remember a traction button right behind the shifter...is that what you are talking about?

they are

the 3 mods are the bend where the oxygen sensor taken out and a free flowing pipe put in and a better muffler, the pully , and cold air. there is some cars goin 13.90's on just that mine went 14.50's bone paper filter stock.

the performace shift button is on the side of the shifter and it puts full line pressure to the tranny and makes like a shift kit and does not shift till at WOT 5500rpms and normal driving at 4500 or so and if you go really slow with it on you think it is trying to jump out of the car:D .

I have a 2002 GS and I don't see a performance button anywhere. maybe it isn't an option anymore?

there is not a button...

on the drivers side of the shifter ? i know everytime i stick my hand in the cubby hole under the temp control i always turn on the perf shift . check your owners manual they may have done away with it, that would suck but since buick moved up in gm's car line adn took caddys place in the line up, buick is goin to be like the caddy was classy not fast, pontiac is driving exict, cady moved up to comp with BMW and all them.

its there, check out the 360deg internal Driver side view @ Buick.com under Showroom / Virtual Views.

Its right there where it should be, driver's side of the shifter.

Unless buick recycled last years virtual views, cause I cant tell the diff from that interior to mine ('99).

Boy, that is weird. I do see the button on the virtual display at Buick's website, but my 2002 GS doesn't have that. I am going to have to go back to the dealer and ask them about that one. Mine is a Joseph Abboud edition, but I wouldn't think they would take stuff *out*. :(

that may be why

because it is a special edition that may have left it out to be a classy car which it is very nicely done i just whish they would produce the 270 hp in candy apple concept or the 300 hp GNX which is really hot looking with hood loovers and 2 tone interior and bigger wheels and brakes and a 1' lower stance:D

I'll clear up the performance switch questions as I just got my oil changed at my dealer: Buick does not offer the performance shifting switch anymore. According to the sales guy the option disappeared in the 2000 Regal GS.

That unfortunate, even the sales guy said that was a nice feature. I asked if maybe the computer was tweaked a little more to compensate for no switch. He said it isnt very likely.

Finally, the difference between an '02 and my '99 is very minor as far an appearance in the interior and exterior goes. I'm happy with my '99.

Thanks for the info. I called my sales guy this morning and he said the same thing. I guess I don't mind since I like the way the car drives anyway. I would like snappier shifts, but that's why I have my Turbo Regal. I am very happy with my purchase so far. These are some really nice touring cars. I compared it to a Monte Carlo, an Intrepid, and a Grand Prix GTP. This one won hands down for the comfort and power. The GTP seems quicker and sportier, but was not comfortable to me at all.