200 r4 what other cars?

racer_amx

Im new to 200 r4's and from what little i have gathered, gn's and tr's seem to have a special version of the 200 r4 (bfr?? correct me if im wrong).

So my first question is.. Do any other gm cars have the same 200 r4 as the gn's?

If not, can a normal 200 r4 be built to take the same abuse as a gn trans?

Last but not least, how do i identify the correct 200 r4 in the junkyard (being as i have never seen one)???

you want the brf valvebody.i beleive the valvebody has some kind of orange marking on it. at least mine does.:D

well you are probably not gonna find a BRF 200 in a junk yard, they have a pink tag that says BRF on the passengerside rear of the trans. Monte carlos had CZf and were very similar to the BRF. Just about any 200 can be built to take the punishment and shift nice. By upgrading the pump, adding a GN servo, 200 3 speed servo, or a super servo, a GN governor and a shift kit, will turn a normal 200 4r into a very nice tranny for a mild set up. I believe the internals are the same on all 200-4rs. If you have the money, i know Chris at CK sells GN valve bodies and his own valvebody with his modifications done to it, and PTS may as well but I'm not sure. Thats just in case you can't find a trans with a good valve body. Good luck:D