20+ year old kicker 6.5s still in the wrapper

INEEDAGN

Seen Your Member
buddy finally dug these out for me. kinda crazy find but I'm not sure I'll use them in my kick panel pods cause they're friggin 8 ohm impedance. I'm kinda stoked cause this will be the first system I ever pulled off with proper midbass and active crossovers. Amp I had in mind is an honest 75x2 at 4 ohms. How can I drive these things properly at 8 ohms? How much stereo sound would I lose if I bridged the amp and ran them in parallel? I'd like to use them just for the vintage vibe as they match my round solobarics and ppi art series amps nicely lol
image.jpg
image.jpg

NICE!!!!! I would love those. I probably would not use them as midbass drivers in the front stage though sine they are C series and are technically subs. Not to mention I would not bother since they are 8 ohms. They will need a good .5 ft or maybe a little more sealed. Honestly I'd play with them as subs in transmission line enclosures, run both in parallel and bridge the amp.

Minimum recommended volume is .28 I believe. Still bigger than my pods I'm sure. If I can't run them in those pods then they're useless to me. I'm looking for a pair of drivers that can handle 75 rms each and I will keep them in their place with active crossovers. I'm putting 2 10" round solo barics in the upper trunk shelf. Highs will be from 3.5s in the dash and I'm probably going to run 6x9s in the rear deck (cut in flush, no adapters) and the 6x9s will be easily able to fade out if I want to kill the rear fill. Most of the time I'm willing to sacrifice proper sound staging in favor of getting clear music played very, very loud. My dream is one of those tri way component sets with 6.5 driver, 3.5 and a tweeter but that's all way out of my current budget.

I suppose I could run these in the rear package tray and skip the 6x9s. Never thought of that. Build little boxes under them and shit lol

I have a well used pair of those on the shelf in my storage room. They would work fine as a midbass if you could give them enough power (I was running 150x2) and enough air. Getting enough air space could be tough to do in the kicks, but it also depends on the kickpanel you are using. A prebuilt panel ain't gonna happen. But a custom kick you could get the air fairly easy if you give up some foot room. Try them anyway, you may be surprised.

Bridge the amp and run them in parallel to create a 4 ohm load!! Nothing lossed everything gained!!

if I put them in the rear deck I will try the bridged amp. I dont want the front to be mono.

Yeah i very rarely use my fader or left to right but i wanted that option too!! Dont blame you!!