20 inch rims

If you don't mind me asking... How long have you been a Seahawks fan?

About 17yrs or more. Back in the Chris Warren, Curt Warner, Cortez Kennedy days.

I had just moved to WA when I was 10yrs old back when they had Steve Largent.

It's been a struggle for us. We needed that Super Bowl win. It was great for Seattle.

Awesome. I just don't care for band wagon jumpers :D They do have a good team I was surprised when they lost to SD.

i run a little bigger than 20's on one of my car's, the only downside is that the car rides stiffer. But my car is also dropped on a custom suspension setup.

Haters are going to hate. They look ugly on 20s? I beg to differ!!!! Do whatever makes you happy.
gy4ysara.jpg
sedy5a5u.jpg
Looking to put some 20" rims on my t type yours look so good those fit no problem no rubbing or you had to change the suspension?

anyone looking for some 20" rims and tires i got these for sale. 5 years old less than 1k miles on them!!

Another pic for the haters.
e5e1b1e0f79ec349e2c41d244b56543f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2b219e66b2a8b12a035b6963fbad1323.jpg
I had a set like these which I sold to a member on this site but I don't remember who it was...:confused: The were Asanti's 20''s with Pirelli tires on them. Could it be that I sold them to you?

Claude.

I had a set like these which I sold to a member on this site but I don't remember who it was...:confused: The were Asanti's 20''s with Pirelli tires on them. Could it be that I sold them to you?

Claude.
Unfortunatly it was not me, I just got my GN! I want to go with 20s what were your specs? If you dont mind me asking and hopefuly you remember

With the hydroboost, it will car send you through the windshield if hammer on the pedal and i haven't installed my Baer 14" brake kit
The hydraboost will make that set up a serious brake system!
W/ the same ft brakes that are on the tr's, on my 55, I couldn't stop it for ever..8" dual diaphragm booster, 17" vac, Wilwood 1.125 m/c
The brake press gauge at the ft caliper, w/ knee failure pedal psi.... 750psi.
W/ the same set up on the brakes, m/c, and adding the hydaboost....2100psi. Without super good pads, I can smoke a set in 1-2 panic stops. The Wilwood adj prop allows me to dial in more rear brake...FORD 9" 2 1/4 x 11 drums. That's about all that makes the ft pads live a while.
Ft wheels 17" x 7, r 17 x 8...
Big wheels on a TR suck!:p

Unfortunatly it was not me, I just got my GN! I want to go with 20s what were your specs? If you dont mind me asking and hopefuly you remember
Unfortunately, I don't have much specs on them as I bought them used from a member here, kept them for about two years and re-sold them to another member. All I can tell you is that they were Asanti model AF128. Sorry for not being able to help more...:(

Claude;)

Claude.
Yes Claude. I was the one that bought these off of you. I ran them for about a year and put less then 1k miles on them. The car is making too much power and it wasn't fun to drive because it would get loose way too easy. I opted for more of a track setup.

If I recall correctly. The fronts were 20x10 with 4.5 Backspacing and the rears were 20x11 with 4.5 Backspacing.

I sold them yo another member on the board. I'll have to look at my messages to see who it was.

When I had the wheels the car got lots and lots of attention from both the haters and people that actually like them.

I don't understand how if you throw a set of 20s on a Turbo Buick its blasphemy to lots of people. But the same people that think it's blasphemy love all the Chip Foose/Boyd Coddington type hot rods that usually all have 20s or bigger.

I don't understand how if you throw a set of 20s on a Turbo Buick its blasphemy to lots of people. But the same people that think it's blasphemy love all the Chip Foose/Boyd Coddington type hot rods that usually all have 20s or bigger.
Well, it's kind of like a fat girl in a bikini or a thin girl in a moo-moo. The same design formula does not work across the broad spectrum.

It's a school of thought. Many people are not as design savvy as they think they may be. I've made a few questionable design decisions as well. Then looked back and said, "I should know better!" Some nice things are not that nice when not in context with their surroundings.

Ever drive down a street in some quaint little small town with beautiful old architecture? Then come across some all glass and steel tech building that looks like it fell from outer space? Looks like crap and destroys the 'feel.'

Not that the building isn't cool. It just don't belong there............Same thing with cars. The wheels are part of entire package.

Yeah I agree with you. It's not because it's a turbo Buick that it's a sacrilege to customize it a little, the same as if it were a Chevelle, GTO, Camaro, etc... I put a set of Boyd's 18's and 20's on my Chevelle and some people like them, some others do not but the most important is that the car pleases me . The same reasoning should apply for our turbo Buicks...
and
Well, it's kind of like a fat girl in a bikini or a thin girl in a moo-moo. The same design formula does not work across the broad spectrum.

It's a school of thought. Many people are not as design savvy as they think they may be. I've made a few questionable design decisions as well. Then looked back and said, "I should know better!" Some nice things are not that nice when not in context with their surroundings.
Joey my friend...I remember once telling you that I love fat girls...in tight clothes... and if possible with big b**bs...It has nothing to do with ''savvyness''... And I've never told myself that ''I should know better'' It's just that I've always liked everything that's a little ''over the norm''! The same goes for cars!...THINK BIG! :D :p

Claude. (y)

Last edited:
Yes Claude. I was the one that bought these off of you. I ran them for about a year and put less then 1k miles on them. The car is making too much power and it wasn't fun to drive because it would get loose way too easy. I opted for more of a track setup.

If I recall correctly. The fronts were 20x10 with 4.5 Backspacing and the rears were 20x11 with 4.5 Backspacing.

I sold them yo another member on the board. I'll have to look at my messages to see who it was.

When I had the wheels the car got lots and lots of attention from both the haters and people that actually like them.

It is I that own these wheels now.... If you can believe it I have not mounted them yet as I am now in the process of relocating to NC

Well these wheels have an unusual story!... I first bought them from a member here (not sure but his nickname was ''montecarlo'' something but don't remember...), I kept them for two years then sold them to ''getdowngranny'' who kept them for a while and resold them to ''precizion818'' who now owns them. All this with the same tires! :D

Claude :)