2 transmission issues, related?? need advice.

GIZZ

oh man, its just snowballing.

so my car is off the road for the winter, about to re insure it. i am changing the fluids, while the pan is off i think back to last summer and it didnt upshiftunder wot unless letting off the gas. so i check the governor, spring and balls all there, i decide to add weight to the small weight. before adding fluid i look here on the forum to see if i missed anything and come across a thread about the tcc lockup, gets me thinking, when hot its like the tcc is locked, at idle will lope until it stalls, and also i now remember when cruising on the hwy the tcc feels like not locked until i touch the gas, then it locks, it's backwards!

damn why do i have to remember this stuff. around town its fine, shifts great unless you mash the pedal then it redlines and no upshift. then the tcc issues, is this in the chip? its an old reds chip. the tcc clutch switch appears to be adj fine, unrelated there, i'm thinking the tcc issue is the chip and the shift is a governor issue.

thanks for reading that(if you made it through it) any thoughts?

reading some more, i think i better start with replacing the tq conv clutch solenoid. it sticking will explain the wanting to stall, and the super hard shifts(i dont mind). i don't believe that has anything to do with the no upshift at wot?

The, no upshift @WOT & hard shifts may be caused by the TV cable being adjusted too tight.
You should replace the TCC Solenoid.
Adding weight to the Gov will cause lower rpm shifts but, if you're not having the same upshift problems at part throttle & up it shouldn't be needed.

checked tv adjustment, its good. checked the tq conv brake pedal switch and it's working.

swapped out the tcc solenoid, the one i removed is identical to the one replacing it but i noticed for this jobber part the instructions call for spacer studs to be installed before the solenoid. the old one had none and it's the same jobber part. here is a pic of kit, same idea, those are the spacer studs. i installed the spacer studs, just wondering if having none would contribut to any of my issues??
tci-376601_w.jpg

part throttle shifts were always ok, so while i was at it i removed my heavy screw weight i put on the governor the other day and tig'd a smaller tab on the small weight instead.

now i'm just waiting for some clear weather to see how it changed. so far putting around in the rain is fine.

I'm not sure what not having the Spacers will do. I think the 700R4 doesn't use/require the Spacers. I'm sure someone will know more than I do. :D