2 Thumbs Up For Nick M.

GN ERGY

My thank you to Nick Micale for his help on my move from Col. Oh. to Phoenix Az. I was driving a Penske rental truck 25 ft. towing my GN and my girlfriend was driving her Blazer pulling a towdolly with my beater corsica. Her blazer after a while showed a service engine soon light. I checked everything and it was good from what I could tell ( she was freakin, you know, thinkin it was going to blow up ) So I called Nick ( after only meeting him a couple of times before ) and he told me if it was running ok and fluid levels were ok not to be to alarmed. We both were thinking an O-2 sensor. So that calmed Robin down for a while. Then after we get all the way to Flagstaff and it should be down hill to Phoenix from there we hit some good hills and it slows me and the moving truck down to 25 mph going up hills. It slows her down to 30 mph and after a while her tranny starts to smell and slips a little so she pulls off and I finally catch up. Her blazer is boiling over cause of the hot tranny fluid. I checked the tranny fluid and it is still red and not burned, but she says she is not going anyplace so I call Nick and get the blazer towed to his house. He checked it out for her and suggested we change the fluids and put a lower thermostat in. Even gave me some RMI to put in the radiator. WOW are we glad that it didn't need a tranny rebuild at this time.
So if any of you are on the road and have any problems feel free to call Nick for help :D ;) Just joking.
My Thank You to Nick for his help, We owe you dinner at your favorite place.
Tarey D. & Robin

That's the way that Nick operates, Tarey. Can't tell you how many times we got his azz out of bed at midnight to drive to the track and trailer one of our broken cars back for repairs. He's there when you need him and he is the biggest single reason why the Turbo Regal community thrives in Phoenix.

He's there when you need him and he is the biggest single reason why the Turbo Regal community thrives in Phoenix. [/B][/QUOTE]

Even as far away as California:) Yup, Ole Nick is the man!!!!

tarey,

what about the guy the towed that beater car of yours to your house in BFE, i am sure he is a hell of a guy.

:D

:) Oh ya and a big thanks to Dathan for towing my beater car and giving my girlfriend a ride in the air conditioned suburban ( that he STOLE from his parents while they were on vacation ) to BFE to find my house in the dark, and helping me unload the cars. I owe you one too buddy.
And if anybody ever needs a tow just call Dathan, when I remember his # I will post it for you. :D
Thanks again.
Tarey D.

Welcome to Arizona! I've only had the pleasure to meet with Nick once, but he's a great guy and I have heard nothing but good about him.

Where did you end up buying a house? I remember a thread awhile ago where you were thinking obout backing out of a place in Gilbert (?) because of the HOA.

Hope to get to meet you sometime.

Nick, you had me on your mailing list, but I haven't received anything in awhile. Keep me in the loop if you guys are having any get togethers. I just changed my email addy to michaelbottomley@cableaz.com

Originally posted by BuickMike
Welcome to Arizona! I've only had the pleasure to meet with Nick once, but he's a great guy and I have heard nothing but good about him.

Where did you end up buying a house? I remember a thread awhile ago where you were thinking obout backing out of a place in Gilbert (?) because of the HOA.

Hope to get to meet you sometime.

Nick, you had me on your mailing list, but I haven't received anything in awhile. Keep me in the loop if you guys are having any get togethers. I just changed my email addy to michaelbottomley@cableaz.com

Speedworld this Saturday.

Dennis

I'll send ya a postcard from Pinetop Sat nite.......

no racing in 100* weather for me......

although the car did run 10.71, .72 and 127+ last Fri (only 90 some degrees & 4000' DA)) with "low" boost, soft 60's, and fat tune......gimme some cool air................

Originally posted by azgn
Dennis

I'll send ya a postcard from Pinetop Sat nite.......

no racing in 100* weather for me......

although the car did run 10.71, .72 and 127+ last Fri (only 90 some degrees & 4000' DA)) with "low" boost, soft 60's, and fat tune......gimme some cool air................

I got yer cool air Woody ;) :cool:

No doubt, Nick's the man. Helped me many a time and put up with all my stupid questions at all hours of the day and or night. :D

I'd love to head out to Speedworld, but it's too hot for me to want to race and quite a drive from my place as well. (Queen Creek). Now that Nick's got me on the mailing list I'll try to get out to the next event.

I have yet to meet Nick, but I have chatted on the phone many times with him. He has helped me out more than a few times.

Thanks Nick!!

I'm going to post my thanks to Nick as well...He took the time out of his busy day(Friday) to PATIENTLY answer my questions about cam problems and block fixes and such...Really, really nice guy to talk to...

BuickMike - Where in QC? I am out off of Gary Rd by Johnson ranch. Traveling for work right now though... currently in Monterey, CA.

I will have to meet up with you when I get a chance to spend some time @ home...

Vic

I bought a house in Gilbert off of chandler heights rd. in Seville. Seems like in the middle of nowhere every time you need something it's quite a drive. It' too quiet out there, gonna have to get all you AZ buick owners out there to party as soon as I get the backyard done ( nothing but dirt out there right now )
Tarey D.

AZ Vic, I'm right off of Hawes just north of Ocotillo in Roman Estates. You're about 8 miles or so from me. GN ERGY, I drive by your place all the time on my way to and from work. Us eastsiders will have to get together sometime. I just moved in about 6 weeks ago, so I have a bunch of landscaping to do yet. You guys are welcome over to come check it out.

Tarey, I'd service that trans quick and check TCC operation. My bet is you had a P1870 code (TCC slippage detected), which is super common in those 4L60E's. Take care of it before it lets you down somewhere.

That code WILL cause overheat, and if not taken care of, you'll be putting a trans in it soon.

Jim, I pulled the pan and changed the filter and fluid. There wasn't much black silt in the bottom of the pan and the fluid didn't look or smell burned. It still had a good red color to it. How do you check TCC operation? She hasn't had the service engine soon light come on anymore. Thanks for the heads up Jim.
Tarey D.