2-step for stock ignition systems

Bob,
We had a sleeve that slid down over the pin in the connector and could not get them to release. The inside diameter of the sleeve may have been slightly bigger than needed and that's why it didn't work. Anyway, what we did was simply round off the corners of the two end posts on the connector that makes it a one way only fit and flipped the connector over and plugged it in. Problem solved.:biggrin: This is much easier than trying to get the pins out. Unit now works perfectly.
Thought this might be of interest to someone else with this problem.

Dan

Mine is also backwards :D althou it took my dyslexic ass a min to figure out if it was backwards or not lol :rolleyes: :p I will have to swap it out tonight or tomorrow :cool:

Guys, I just sent everyone an email that ordered from me so we can take of the problem. Let me know if you don't receive the email.

Thanks,
Eric

Just fyi it will go together if you flip it over.

the ends have half flat and half round so turn the plug over with the colors are in the right order and just push a little harder and it goes right IN!!!

at least mine did,hope this helps

JD

I want to leave off the footbrake at around 6-8lbs
Have an XFI
Will use switch to activate 2 step
45A
3600 stall.

What do you think settings should be?
Main RPM
Trig RPM
Retard
limiter

Nice packaging BTW.

I want to leave off the footbrake at around 6-8lbs
Have an XFI
Will use switch to activate 2 step
45A
3600 stall.

What do you think settings should be?
Main RPM
Trig RPM
Retard
limiter

Nice packaging BTW.

what's your 0 psi stall speed?

what type converter?

Bob

Main RPM: if running alky, set this 200 RPM under the rev limiter in the chip. Otherwise, you can set above the chip limit and let the chip be the overrev protection.

Trig RPM: there is a couple ways to go here, depending if your brakes can hold the power.
Try setting the Trig RPM to 3200 and have the partial stutter start 250 RPM below that.
Also set the unit for 8 degrees of retard.

See how the boost rises with those settings.

Bob

All hooked up, lights go on. It seems to work in the driveway. Will try to get it to the track real soon.

Casper XFI jumper harness

Does anyone know if the "white B4" wire going into the Casper XFI jumer box is the same wire coming out of the Casper XFI jumper box in the "B4" location? All the wires connecting the jumper box to XFI are black so there is no color point of reference. I just need to know if B4 going in the jumper box is the same as the B4 coming out of the jumper box, b/c i rather splice in the jumper harness than the engine harness.

Thanks,

Caspers is the place to call on that. Whay you need to know is the pin location of the EST signal coming out of the XFI box, and then trace it from there.

The pin information for the XFI is most likely in the help files in the XFI software, or on their web site.

Bob

anybody have a pic on where they mounted their activation switch?
i thought about putting mine on the brake pedal pad so i can activate while holding down the pedal.

Will there be any issues of damaging or fouling out O2 sensors when using it to build boost on the foot brake with it cutting spark and dumping fuel in the exhaust?
I have a stock O2 in the stock location and a WBO2 down where the cat would be.

well F@#! ME!!! i was trying to get the terminals on mine 2 step boxed switched around and broke the connector on the brown wire!! i'm such an idiot sometimes!! turbobob you said we could send this to you to fix.. where do i need to send it to.. or can i just buy another harness.. or get a freebie??