2-step for stock ignition systems

It's real easy with a BS3. When the yellow 2 step wire is hot it shuts down the O2 correction automatically, then when you release it goes back into closed loop. I believe the guys running XFI shut down the 02 corrections in the row(s) that the car is at while on the T-brake. It is much more consistent running spoolup in open loop anyways.

ERIC, looking at your log i see the a/f is all over the place. has this had any ill effect or is it even noticable? adv. looks good as well as rpm and everything else. just wondering the effects on the a/f.

o also are you spraying alky on that log?

Eric, What does this do to the 6.0 chip. Recall my logs when I set midboost fuel how it kind of threw off the correction at WOT

At this time you will have to turn off closed loop correction in that boost range (mid boost). I will eventually create some code in the chip to get around it.

Put me down for one! I am running classic FAST and would love to hold more boost off the foot brake. :D

Be sure to pre-order from one of the vendors to be sure you get one from the first batch.

Bob

I use that switch because it will never break even though you are stepping on it, the current required by the activation inputs is quite low.

That switch is on the expensive side, but has light 'snap-action', and quite a bit of excess travel.

Bob

I like the idea of mounting on the left side of the brake.....

Exactly what kind of switch was the one pictured, where did you pick it up at & cost as well? Was looking at ordering the 2-step, then noticed it did not come with the switch.

foot brake operated activation switch

I like the idea of mounting on the left side of the brake.....

Exactly what kind of switch was the one pictured, where did you pick it up at & cost as well? Was looking at ordering the 2-step, then noticed it did not come with the switch.

That switch will be available from the vendors carrying the 2-step units.

I will post some pictures of the switch install as soon as the weather breaks.

Bob

Sorry if I missed it in the thread but which vendors will be carrying this? Will Hartline or Full Throttle be carrying it?

Sorry if I missed it in the thread but which vendors will be carrying this? Will Hartline or Full Throttle be carrying it?

Currently there are 2 vendors set up. Full Throttle Speed and TurboTweak. Both have pre-orders set up on their sites.

Bob

Guys, I do have those switches in my webstore also. They are a pretty heavy duty switch. You don't have to use this switch in particular. You could mount a momentary button somewhere, or use a coiled cord button.

Eric

Which video showed the switch on the brake?

What type of mounting bracket is used for the switch to the pedal? Do you have that also Eric?

Thanks,
Mike

I do not use the switch on the brake pedal. I just activate it by hand. I'm just making that particular switch available to anyone who needs it.

Mounting it on the pedal would be a do-it-yourself thing. Basically there is no bracket, you would drill a hole in the pedal.

Eric

Thanks for the reply Eric. I went to your store and saw the switch. Seems pretty easy. I am not sure which would work better, that or something tied to my shifter and release when I shift out of 1st with the transbrake. Hmmmmm... I like the idea of foot braking and loading the driveline and just not using the transbrake except for parking lot shows, lol...

I would like to know how the car launches from the foot brake with this, for 60' times. Has anyone tested that yet?

Mike

I had one in my old car, once the snow clears out, I will get some pics of installing one in my current car.

Bob