2 quick questions

slow87gn

HI everyone i have 2 quick questions. I own a 1988 cutlass rwd and the brake lights wont work when you hit the brakes i done looked at all the fues and there all good and the light bulbs in the back are all good. i have tail light when you turn on the headlights but no brake lights if anyone knows whats wrong let me know

2nd question the gague for the gas is stuck on full and it wont move . the ground wire is connect and is good and the float to my knowlege is good so if anyone would know whats wrong please let me know thanks and have a blessed day

Brake light switch?

Get under the dash Switch on the brake arm may have went bad. If your car has cruise control there will be two switches. The one with just the plug is the brake lights. The one for the cruise will have a plug and a vacuum line.

Could be the sending unit in the tank went bad for your gauge problem.

One other thing I thought of. One time a buddys van was doing the same thing. Ended up the hazard switch was pushed in but he didn't know cause the flasher was burned out. Pulled out the hazard switch and wa la Brake lights.

I dont have hazard light enither. i tried pulling the switch on pussing it in and the brake lights still dont work

No hazzards? Your switch in the clolum may have went out. Do you have turn signals? Brake lights, hazzards and turn signals all use the same circut.
I have seen the hazzard, turn signal switch go bad and cause this condition.

I would still check the switch on the brake arm with a tester to make sure contacts are closing.

Is it a dual bulb? Sometimes the filiment looks good but is broke.

the bulbs in the trunk are all brand new .... i have turn signals but no hazards and no brake lights but i have tail lights

It's sounding like the switch in the column to me.

Did you try unpluging the switch on the brake arm jumping the conections on the plug?

Switch flashers with the turn signals. you know thats working. Not going to fix the brake lights but will help narrow it down.

You can also unplug the harnes to the column and check conections.