2-orange wires coming off pos bat terminal, which is which?

Fakeyankee

Back in Black
One has the newer style fuse and one the older type. What is the quickest way to tell which is to the ECM ?? The car wouldn't start if the ECM wire on the pos side was unplugged, correct ??

Dan,
One wire does go down towards the pass side. this one has the older style fuse holder. The other one with the newer style fuse is spliced to a solid red wire and runs through the Driv side firewall. I noticed that this ones fuse was burnt and the car was still running at the time. I take it that this one is not the ECM wire ???

The passenger side wire sound like the standard ECM wire.

The other wire going to the driver's side sounds like the previous owner was trying to get 12v over there for some reason, maybe he added an electric truck release.

There is already a few 12v sources on the fuse block above the brake pedal.

Might check under the dash and trace the 'new' out.

i'm still here FAKEYANKEE!

Hey darryl, I'm still here if ya want to look me up. I have the same exact car as you and probably could of helped you in person as it seems you have a lot of questions. i have noticed that you have posted many of them here. give me a shout, i would have no problem helping you out! Anyway i agree that the old style fuse is definately an added on wire as neither my 86 ttype (current car) or my 87 we-4 had this wire you speak of. the only orange wire should be the one that is spliced into the possitive battery cable. LATER!:cool: