1st Stuck Puck - Now broke puck lever

StreettRacer

My 86 T Type recently has started to spool up very slow then overboost as the rpm's climbed. Sad to say that the car has been sitting in my garage most of this year while I was working on my other car toy.

I have only driven it a few times this year and when I would get on the throttle it would slowly start boosting and then over boost. Last year the spool up was immediate with tire smoking results. This year - pretty lame. I read the many posts about the pucks getting stuck especially if the cars are not driven much. I pulled the actuator rod off and tried to move it by hand... it was definitely stuck.

I was able to work it back and forth and seemed to get it to move alot better. Well once the car warmed up the puck locked up again. Here's where I made my big mistake, while it was still hot, I tried to move the puck lever back and forth. It was binding up then it gave way. I was happy for a split second because it was finally free but then realized I had broke it off at the 90 deg bend.

Does anybody know of a puck rebuild kit and is it easy to install? Can I just take off my downpipe and fix the puck while it is still on the car or should I take the turbo out? I still want to keep the car looking relatively stock so I will probably not go with an external wastegate. Any suggestions that would work and keep the car looking stock?

I have not run the car at the track since 2005 when it ran a best of 12.08 *116 mph. Believe it or not, it still had stock injectors and stock turbo! (116 octane fuel, 20# boost, hot wired walbro 340, stretch inter cooler, drag chip).

I knew I was really pushing it so in 2006 I installed 50lb injectors and then had Anderson Performance install a PT-44 Turbo with a HD Wastegate actuator and dyno tune it. Bill put one of his chips in. They also had Del Trans rebuild the trans and rework the D5 converter. I was looking forward to finally racing it this fall when I discovered the stuck puck. Appreciate your suggestions.

John

I thought I read on some old posts that the maker of the 3" downpipe on my car, ATR, is no longer is business. It looks like they fixed a bunch of stuck pucks as warranty items.

Thanks for the website link to RJC. Their part #RJC-WGA looks like it may work. I will call Jason tomorrow.
Thanks for your help.

John