19's Rubbing on fender

LS954

MH-60S Airframer, USN!!
Ive been having an issue with the rear passenger side fender rubbing on my 19's when ever I go over a dip in the road. I went over all the reciepts that came with the car when i bought it and didnt see anything as far as coils go so for all i know theyre still the factory ones on the car. Im not too concerned with changing the height but i would first like to change the real coil to a more stiffer one and if need be later on insert bags in the rear.

Any recomendations on a good set of stiffer rear springs? I noticed the auto parts store have the Moog CC627 as a direct replacement heavy duty springs would these do the job?

It could be a worn out spring. Mine does this with 275's on 17's. You could also get a stiffer shock that doesnt compress as fast, probably adjustable Koni's.

any recomendations on springs? Id rather start off by changing those out.

That would have to be one of my last resorts next to cutting it. No one seems to have any input on the springs so guess ill go with the ones recommended by the auto parts store and see what happens then.

If you think it is "just" a spring issue, go to the parts store and get stock replacement Moog's. But, I would say that you have other options that you need to think about.

1. If you are rubbing on worn springs, this indicates your backspace is not correct. Do you have spacers installed? If so, use a smaller spacer

2. Is it just rubbing on the outside?

3. rolling the fender lip does wonders!

In my opinion, holding the car up with stiff springs, air shocks, air bags, etc is only a band aid. Just indicates improper measuring by the installer.

i did look at that chart and was wondering about the spring rate. Does a higher spring rate mean a stiffer spring or vice versa? and which number determine the hight once its installed?

i did look at that chart and was wondering about the spring rate. Does a higher spring rate mean a stiffer spring or vice versa? and which number determine the hight once its installed?

Yes a higher spring rate des indicate a stiffer ride. As far as height, that chart will not give you a direct answer. Your best bet is to search spring numbers and see how they have fit on other G-Body cars. Weight differences in cars very so ride height will as well.

If you think you need a slightly stiffer spring, but you think the springs are still good you can just get some spring spacers and it will stiffen the spring for you without having to replace them. I've seen it done in many cars because they use lowering springs then the car sits too low to have any passengers in it. I beleive you can get some energy suspension ones for fairly cheap and you just have to unload the spring, pop them in (may have to pry them in a little bit) and then let the car back down.

Just giving an alternative. If you think it's weak springs then just go with stock replacements.