1993 Mustang GT Convertible, 5 sp., IN

93FIVEOH

Located in South Bend, IN.

This car is in great condition. It is stored winters and not driven in the rain. Top was replaced in 2002. Repainted in 2004, where the original green was used and a brighter silver for the lower color was changed. A notchback decklid was purchased brand new (this decklid has no luggage rack) and installed when it was repainted. A new six-piece set of front lights was installed at the time of the repaint.

The interior is Opal Gray cloth. New carpet was installed in 2004 along with new floormats. In 2002 white face gauges were installed, along with a white HVAC control face. It has an Alpine CD player and Rainbow component set.

The engine has 152,000 miles and is mostly stock. It runs wonderful, leaks no fluids and uses no oil. The only modifications are an Explorer intake manifold (GT-40 lower intake design, just like the 1993 Cobra intake), BBK 65mm throttle body & EGR spacer and March underdrive pulleys. The timing has been bumped to 13 degrees base, so it does require premium fuel. I run 93 octane. The fuel-pump has been changed to a 255 lph Walbro in-tank unit.

The exhaust consists of a Flowtech off-road H-pipe and a Flowmaster 2 Chamber cat-back.

The car was originally an automatic, but it was converted to a 5 speed in 2007 using a T5 transmission from a 1991 GT. A brand new clutch was installed at the time, which is the FRPP base-model clutch. The clutch cable is an OEM Ford unit purchased brand new. An FRPP billet steel flywheel was installed as well, along with an MGW shifter (the whole shifter assembly, not just an MGW handle) and 1998 Cobra leather shift-knob. It also has an FRPP aluminum driveshaft. No splicing of wires was performed for wiring the transmission. The AOD harness was simply swapped with a 5 speed harness from another Mustang along with the reverse light harness.

The suspension utilizes FRPP B springs and Bilstein HD shocks and struts. The front control arms were changed to FRPP fox-body replacements, which have lower ball joints like the newer SN-95 Mustangs and polygraphite bushings. The bushings are stiffer than the stock rubber, but softer than polyurethane. It also has J&M caster-camber plates, Maximum Motorsports strut-tower brace and bump-steer kit, and FRPP upper rear control arms and axle bushings.

It also has a 5-lug conversion, using SN-95 parts, as detailed below:
-1995 spindles
-2003 10th Anniversary front Cobra calipers (I painted these black, as I don't like the red finish they came with)
-13" front Brembo rotors
-SS braided front brake hoses from Stoptech
-Cobra rear calipers
-11.65" rear rotors
-SN-95 axles

To complete the 5-lug conversion, a 1993 Cobra Master cylinder was installed, along with a Wilwood adjustable proportioning valve. Ford Motorcraft DOT 3 HP brake fluid was used. The stock pads that came with the calipers were used and it stops fantastically. The wheels are 17x8 1998 Cobra wheels with 245/45 Kumho Ecsta 711 tires.

The car was originally converted to 5-lug in 2006 using SN-95 V6/GT front brakes and the stock drums in back. The Cobra brake upgrade was performed spring 2009.

Things the car needs:
-Rear window. The vinyl below the window has began to separate from the window in a corner.
-Parking brake cables. There is a set installed in the car, but they are the wrong ones, as I was sold a set that is incompatible with a 1993 Mustang. Instead of using the parking brake, I just put it in gear when I park. A new set of cables will go with the car, I just haven't had the time to install them, since I wrapped up the disc conversion this year.

I am asking $6,200 OBO. Here is a link to more pictures: 1993 Mustang pictures by KCM1984 - Photobucket

You can e-mail me directly at kevin.mentag@comcast.net . PM me for my number, please. I don't want the Nigerians to call me, so I'd rather not post it. ;)

Please feel free to ask any questions by posting or PM. I am sure I left out some details. I just copy/pasted the content from my Craigslist ad, as seen here: 1993 Mustang GT Convertible 5 sp.

No Trades

I was asked some questions on another site and here are my responses:

Does the A/C, cruise, etc work? Does it have frame connectors? Lastly, stock rear gears? Thanks!

I did forget to mention, however, that the car has a Steeda double-hook quadrant and firewall adjuster. I will add this to my original post.

The power locks, windows, driver's side lumbar, cruise, trunk release, A/C and heat work wonderfully. It has a 180* Mr. Gasket thermostat, by the way.

The power mirrors only work on the driver's side. This stopped working immediately after it was painted. The hinge bushings were changed when it was painted and I think the wire was pulled out on the passenger side. It could have also been when they removed the mirrors to paint those, as well.

The foglights do not work. I believe there is a short somewhere in the wiring. Right after purchasing the car, I kept blowing fuses, so I never installed another fuse. I don't need them, so I paid them no mind.

There are no subframe connectors.

The rear gears are stock 3.27s that came in AOD-equipped Mustangs. I don't know if that is specific to a model year, but 1993 AOD V8s had 3.27s.

mustang

does this car sit in a parking lot in the 2500 block s, main st every once in a while? i assume you work there? if so this is a very nice car!!!!
I own the building across the street.

Tim

That's me. Thank you for the compliment!

I always drool over your TRs and whatever other cool car you have over there. They all seem to be well kept!

Did you or your son (assuming) ever sell the blue Mustang? I haven't seen it in a while. I know it was once up for sale last year.