1989 TTA (t-top, cloth), 5900 miles, Western Washington

Are those real TTA's from the factory out of the 1500 built? Or were they painted/converted afterwards? I thought that all TTA's were the same with the exception of a few rare ones that were hardtop and or cloth interior? Could one of you more knowledgeable gents clarify :biggrin:

One was the Emission certification vehicle,the other I believe was the original concept Presented to GM.

Both were pre 89 cars(88 or 87) And both were supposed to be destroyed.

But as you can see,That didnt happen...:biggrin:

I wouldn't think either of them originally had vin#'s,Being that they were not supposed to ever see the street.

I could be a little off,But I think thats pretty close.

I like the black one, looks way better than the burgandy IMO. Car just looks mean. I've always wanted a black car some day, they always looks so good when they're clean.

Hey Quick 6 Racing did you ever race with RIchard or DJ Soon?? They are my cousins in Vancouver and have some pretty fast GNs

No way dude !!!! I should have seen it Soon..er (haha)

Raced with them...against them...man...the stories I could tell about those two (haha)

I met Richard back in 1991 just as he bought his first GN...we were part of the Vancouver Buick Specialty club...they got tired of us V6 turbo guys and we formed the GNRA (Grand National Racing Association) club in 93'

I think the only place we haven't raced together in the Pacific Northwest would be when i raced the High-Tech shoot-outs in Bakersfield Ca. back in the mid & late 90's (actually that would be the Southwest?)

Two great guys...Richard is just " a #1 class act and very respected"
Darcy..well...he always had the faster car over mine ($$$) but I always challenged him every time I could. (i liked to apply the pressure to make him red light)...truth was Christine always cut a better light racing his car than he did (haha)

We always had a hoot all the years running up & down the Fraser Canyon to Ashcroft and home (with these drag GN's and their biggies out back & skinnies up front) It seemed we did this every second weekend for years...the track nick-named as "The Black Plague" (haha) It stuck and we even made up T-shirts...black with bright green "Black Plague"

I will always remember Turbo Thunder in Woodburn back a few years back...and Darcy was running in front and in the same lane as me...I had just done my burnout as i watched him go...he had a nice pass going...until he blew his engine and tranny all over the track...oil and parts everywhere ($$$$ ka-ching)

How come you never got the GN bug it seems you went the TTA route ??

there ya go rob .. now thats a much nicer post and actually has some informative stuff at the other end of the link :cool:

Hey quick 6 racing sounds like you had a good time with those guys....:cool:
I went to Ashcroft with them one time and had a blast, the only guy I really remember other than family is a guy named Gurtzy, and alot of stiff drinks those nights.

I like the GN's but I had a firebird in highschool and just got attached to the look of the trans am. Now I have four TTA's and they are great!! One to race, one to drive, and two back-ups just incase.

DJ has since sold his GN and got a KR Shelby, Richard still has his GN. THey don't race that much any more which is too bad for me cause they would be great to go with, now that I am getting into it. I just started this hobby in 2007 so still lots of learning,...... and spending.

Let me know if your ever in alberta I'd love to hear more car/racing stories

Jarred.

Sorry guys...didn't mean to hi-jack this tread with racing bla...bla & stories.

Although.... I do have an update to the 5900 mile TTA in Western Washington.

Good news. Car is build #0222 (1555) also #151 Festival Car (out of 162 Cloth w.T-top) shipped to Western Washington dealer on MSO, June 89' never sold.

Carfax shows clean, car was for sale in 2001 w/5,300 miles at the same dealer, never sold. Car has sat in a garage since and only 600 miles since then.

Bad news. Car was stolen from dealer in 2001, and then was re-covered two weeks later...unsure of any damage or stuff missing..Car had a complete re-paint and was then offered up for sale (never sold)

For some reason the Carfax does not show this theft...I had planned to go see this car this Sat. and before I did the 3 hour drive to the dealer they thought I should know about the re-paint and theft.

My questions would be....how much should this car be worth now ? (currently asking $28,950
...would re-selling this car years down the road be an issue ??..it has a clean Carfax...but it has been stolen, recovered and repainted.

Thanks for your feedback on this....Quick 6

A stolen repaint is not that collectable, but I could be wrong??

Yeah, stuff happens, a low mileaged car like that and has been painted, is a big downer for sure :confused: and then a really high price tag like a 100% non stolen and non repainted..

That really sucks for the seller and for the future owner, at least the dealership has been honest about it.

I posted a 300 mile tta that is coming up in January auction in the tta tech section, i bet it comes in around what this guy is asking for this one.

I do like those tta's :)

BW

Yes the dealer was open about this car's history before I made the drive to go see it this Saturday (@ 3 hour drive - 1 way)

I did have several conversations today with them to try and find out how firm they were on their pricing, just to see if it would be worth my while to go and look at it and make them an offer.

As of late this afternoon It looks to be.. that they are firm on their $28,950 price.

I had a much lower price in mind, now that I know more about this TTA and it's history, so I don't plan to pursue this TTA any further at this time.

Search the TTA section, i posted a 300 mile car for sale in florida. I do not know if you saw the thread or not. The auction is in a few weeks.

300 mile
three hundred mile car

3 hundred mile car

3 hundred..... wished i had the cash for it, it would be a good buy this year.

BW

Pre Production pilot TTA's

The black car was emisssions cert. car, and the red car was used at PAS to fit the drivetrain.I've been fortunate to see both these cars up close.Both cars are very unique and along with the convertable will be the most sought after Turbo trans am's in the future.As far as i can remember the vin#'s were the same as if they were GTA's because they were pulled from GM that way.