1989 TTA 500 miles-----

I love the TTA's and hope to have one. I missed a great deal on here a few weeks ago. I think the two links are AWESOME however I could not see me buying one of them and driving it. It would have to sit in my garage as a modern art masterpiece. :D

Sweet Rides:cool:

If that was a solid roof I would be all over that like a cheap Italian suit.

Gary the window for finding them like that are far and few. I think I would just park it in the garage and sniff and drool all over it for a few months. Man I can remember walking into a Pontiac dealer here in NJ and seeing that car on the floor brand new, 30k in 1989 was huge money and I could never afford it, hell I could not even afford a GN in 87. I had to settle for a 87 Monte Carlo SS that was a pig. :(

Gutted the cat, knocked out the carb, installed a hyper-tech chip and flipped the air cleaner:eek: I thought I had something for the GN'S until I got my ass handed to me one night. The GN was loaded with chicks and I was single with the T-TOPS off and a Ginny Tee on thinking I was all that. :eek:

That night when I got slapped, I always said I would own a GN;)
Before that the closest I came to having one was pumping Super Unleaded in them as a gas pumper, I use to beg the drivers to please do a burn out. They always roasted the sneakers for me. ;)

NJTurbo:
I know exactly what you mean. I can't believe that I went without one of these cars till about '95 or so. I have had 4 others not including the one that I have now. I am getting too old to crawl/climb in and out of the Z06 and i am thinking that I will replace it sometime in the next few months with another Turbo-T. I have lied/layed awake nights trying to decide between a Turbo-T and a TTA. I have studied one to the other, and even though the TTA has a lot of improvements over the Turbo-T's, when I think of dollars, I favor the Turbo-T due to the expense of the solid roof TTA's. Another factor involved is although the TTA's were a limited run of 1550, or 1555, depending on whether you include the protptypes, their value has not seemed to solidify as the GNX/GN/T-Type/Turbo-t's have. It is unfortunate, but I have fallen in love with a brick. Of course that is a low mileage, pristine quality brick. Your stories of early GN encounters have brought back some very fond memories for myself.